Heatsink backings with coust pads

XTR cables

Hope Trials front brake

DK Social cranks w/Magnesium and Ti DK Distortion pedals

Hope Hubs Rhylite front Hazzard Lite rear

Spank 70mm Tweet bar and 50mm stem

KHE lock-ons

KHE Park2 tires

Bike weighs around 22lbs without anything weight conscious other than the pedals and tires. Pretty bombproof build. Can't remember, been a good minute since I weighed her after I switched out some parts.

I used to not care for higher pressure tires for trialsy stuff, but I've gotten used to it. That and like stated somewhere else, anything less than 90psi and these tires suck, I run them at 115-120. I switched back to holy rollers one weekend and absolutely could not stand the added weight. Bike felt mad sluggish and so hard to toss around.

What a Vee brake!!

Looks stiff as f**k.

It is stiff as shit.

Believe it or not, all the flex I get comes from the cable and housing. I may end up switching to to some sort of linear cable. Although, I haven't gotten to ride it since I put on the Paul Lever and XTR cable other than just messing about in the driveway. Stupid broken pinky makes riding impossible.

I didn't know that they still made the Paul stuff, its lovely. Very nice bike :)

Yeah, he still makes stuff, but not derailleurs. He caters to the Single speed market. Stuff is super nice. That lever was custom(sort of) for me, so that it would match the Hope. They only make all black or all silver, and I wanted it to be silver and black, so he hooked me up!!! Super nice guy, small company and everything is almost handled by him personally!

Thanks for the compliments!

3 Piece, massive bars and a weak brake....gonna get abuse for this but......buy a bmx.

Where is there a weak brake on the bike? 3 piece cranks are granted probably a bit overkill, but front end set up is a very personal thing. If he got a bmx he wouldn't be able to ride trials on it.

3 Piece, massive bars and a weak brake....gonna get abuse for this but......buy a bmx.

How is it a weak brake? 3-piece cranks, aren't all trials cranks 3-piece as well? It's likely lighter AND stronger than most all those trials cranks.

I have a BMX, and it gets ridden regularly, two totally different feels. But isn't that what the Inspired is for, a trials bike that's BMXy (or a BMX cruiser that's trialsy?)??? I mean, Danny Mac vids had hardly any trials on it, they were all BMX videos on 24's with a couple pedal kicks here and there.

I don't understand why anybody would buy an inspired and ride almost strictly trials or ride a long stem on it. It makes it much harder to lift the front end, i.e makes it more like a trials bike and harder to bunny or 180. Short stem and taller bars makes it MUCH easier to lift up the front, manual, etc. If you're gonna ride pure trials, get a pure trials bike.

But yeah, the front end I went through a bunch of stems with, 100 with risers, 90mm with a 2 inch bar, then an 80 with a 2in. Finally decided to just get 3in bars and a 50mm stem and it felt like it should have been like that the entire time. Super easy and light feeling front end, but still way at home on the rear. Kinda funny cause I thought it was a great combo, and apparently TRA also thought so:

http://trarider.webs.com/mybike.htm

Thought it was interesting and that I was the only one who thought it felt good that way. Apparently, he beat me to it with the same bar and stem like a week before. :D

Edited by rupintart

Lets PLEASE NOT turn this in to a f**king Danny Mac thread! The brake looks shite but probably works absolutly awesome. Noticed you havent got a bash guard though mate?! Bike looks pretty cool though!

Don't want to turn this into a danny mac thread either. Just saying it's designed to be a streety bike, so I made it a bit more streety ^_^

It has a bash, but it's a 1/4 bash by Shadow Conspiracy:

tsccrowgorasprocket08.jpg

If you look closely on the last pic, you can make it out. It works awesome and saves a bit of weight.

The brakes work well. Super stiff because everything is CNC'd. PITA to set-up, but once it's set, it's dialed. I haven't gotten a chance to really flog her hard since the new lever and cable because of my broken finger, but since I've been out of the splint for a week, I may give a try today. Not a cloud in the sky!

that looks really good,i converted my inspired to similar set up.

the bars/stem make the difference.mine is so much nice to ride street now,im going to some skate parks today for some footage,will post it up what im finished.

a quick spec on mine

profile 3 piece cranks

king hub in rear with halo combat rims

hope front hub on halo combat rim

profile stem,ns district 3.5 '' rise

identi rebate forks,there the same geo as a normal trials fork,but look heaps better

xtr levers with bb7 and avid ultimate brakes,with odyssey linear slick cables

post-10255-1262560118_thumb.jpg

post-10255-1262560201_thumb.jpg

post-10255-1262560315_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, that looks nice. How do you like the linear slick cables? I was thinking about snagging those up vs a 5mm derailleur cable we have here at work and just loading it full of Tri-Flow.

The only thing suck about the XTR cables is that in the cold, whatever grease they use, is SLUGGISH when it's cold outside. Sluggish like sticky caliper sluggish.