Urban Exploration

TROYston

I know there is a website, but would really love to do some exploration with some riders, would make for some sick riding and photo ops, and then go riding after for a + (Y).

Anyone up for arranging something?

Burton is dead, and been to most places around here i know of.

Nothing interesting really.

Thoughts? Ideas?

For those who don't know, urban exploration is the exploration of old buildings complexes military bases ect all abandoned and unused. Some pretty interesting/freaky stuff depending on where you go.

Troy.

Nothing's past bumpable if you've got a good reason.

Still, if you want to check out spots, look in that thread.

No reason why this one can't be for arranging trips though :)

Could you put a link to the thread please bud?

Ahh i just seen that some people bump topics and get bolloksed for it.

I did Manchester Premier Inn on Friday night.. Absolutely amazing! I went with me friend.. She absolutely loved it, the view was immense, took some pictures but they were all crap as we only had our phones. Took about 20 minutes to realize how to get up there.. Pretty crafty. Here's some pictures of the view up top (Not my pictures/thread) http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=46154

Loved it soooo much we're going to do some asylums/Hospitals next week, I'll be sure to take a proper camera this time.

I remeber in Barcelona we were a bit drunk and decided to climb up some scafolding to the roof of some flats and we explored and went for ages jumping from roof to roof. In the center were all the buildings are old you can go really far then we found and abandoned flat and went out the front door.

It was quite exiting and some of the views were cool too.

No one will generally give out access details unless they know you/have seen quite a few decent reports from you as numerous places have been locked up recently due to people not giving a shit. I used to be really active when I was in the UK, am going to be getting back into it when I get home. Cant really afford to travel anywhere in Canada to see places as theres loads of stuff to do, but not really in Alberta.

Ive got some shots to show you of a certain bridge in Vancouver. Ha I know what you mean though, I really dont want to leave. If I was living in Vancouver I'd be smashing up all there is to do there, so so so many docks, factorys to do its mental, hopefully get a day or three over there again before I leave to properly do it. Wish I could go to Seattle aswell, alot to do there in the form of Docks.

Snap where the hell have you been of late, did you go underground of have you just taken off everything you were doing? Should I pm?

Bridge sounds good. I don't know anyone out that way, and to be honest I didn't meet many locals in Toronto or Niagara - enough people from Aus/UK were there at the time that we just did whatever we felt like, and it worked.

I just don't post much anymore - I got tired of endless discussions about who got what shut down and who posted/did whatever first, journos sniffing for stories, etc. I bargained that if I didn't put photos up, then I could just get on and do what I wanted. The thing is, I feel a bit guilty that I'm not putting much up on the web because I find my friends and others' contributions really inspiring. For that reason I've built the majority of a new website that's focused on adventures and words more than an index of locations and photos like the old one. Maybe I'll finish it in a few months' time. The other motivation is that having a website at least made me organise my stuff and get it written up. Nearly two years have gone past and I'm in a mess!!!

Anyway, my best advice - return to the UK only when absolutely necessary!

Would be a shame if you didnt get it all up, just keep it low (lower) key I guess?! You still kicking around with Turk and the likes or you going with Dankst and that lot these days? He still in Paris saying that?

I have to come back in like 6 or 7 weeks sadly due to my visa running out. Really really annoyed at the fact. Dont want to go home at all really :(

• 2 weeks later...

One of the all greatest buildings in Brum recently got cracked and weve been looking at it from the front for years. The guy that cracked is one of my very good mates, and just purely worked up the balls to walk past the 2 cctv cameras protecting it and found an open window to get in.

Just goes to prove that you can find absolute mints if your willing to take a risk. I hope to god its still open when I get home.