Tnn Brake Mounts And Intergrated Booster

tmusson

Right where do i start really? the bolts it come with are far too short meaning it strips the top threads on the my frame (rockman kortz) so i used my original bolt that are 5mm longer

three little diagrams show the mounts and booster fitted to a bike, it says you shold leave a gap between the mouts on the bottom bolts so i did which result in the mount not being tight enough and the brake just moves around on the mounts when you pull the brake.

So in order to get the clamps to actualy hold the brake without it moving you have to tighten them up all the way resulting in the clamps bending.

another thing aswell is because of the booster being inbetween the mounts it means that the booster sits behind the crossover therefore ajustment of the slave cylinders is limited becasue the crossover is in the way.

The mounts are not any thicker on the bottom to compensate for the booster at the top?

I cant belive i payed £59 for such a poorly designed product and from my experience I would say just dont waste your money on such shite as this!

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...category_id=104

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=143059

Sure your mounts arn't the wrong way around? I know one sides thicker than the other, and obviously if the thick side is up top clamping on to the booster then it won't work.

If its all fitted fine though then thats a really badly designed £60 :lol:

This sounds to me you have rushed the fitting the process and not assembled the clamps correctly. Because you are the first person I have heard who had had this problem it is hard to believe you have fitted them correctly. Please take some close ups so we can see if there is a fitting error. Also, I have seen these clamps fitted to a Rockman Kortz with no problems.

I look forward to the pics...

Cheers

Photos please.

I originally mounted this on a rockman Kortz without dramas.

Please not that because the clamps mount directly onto the slave cylinder. You do not need to tighten the bolts as tight as you usually would with standard clamps that use the plastic washers.

25mm bolts also don't fit all frames.

I have took it all of the bike now and gone back to my origional set up. the clamps have been damaged now anyway.

Im just going to buy a set of tryall clamps and use the tnn booster with longer bolts. :(

Dude, just a friendly forum reminder that if you slate a product so much you call it 'poorly designed' at least take a picture of it to back up your arguement! How are we to think you assembled the clamps correctly in the first place and followed the step by step instructions?

You could be an absolute moron who doesnt know his right from his left. Get my drift? Pictures in future please to back yourself up.

Understand?

This sounds to me you have rushed the fitting the process and not assembled the clamps correctly. Because you are the first person I have heard who had had this problem it is hard to believe you have fitted them correctly. Please take some close ups so we can see if there is a fitting error. Also, I have seen these clamps fitted to a Rockman Kortz with no problems.

I look forward to the pics...

Cheers

TNN brake clamps were initially stunning.

Then quickly started being shit by constantly allowing the pistons to slip outwards. Hoping it's a duff set I can get replaced because the noise and power is awesome, it's just the lever starts to get closer and closer to the bar as the pistons slip...

Looking at them whilst I was tightening them up though, I can see them flexing long before the bolts begin to get tight.

He's not the first to have the slipping problem.

My mounts too are now ruined as they would not work and under the advice of Tarty I tightened them as much as was required to stop them slipping thus bending them. Although technically they now work, I'm considering sending them back and going with the Echo set.

I too think the design may be a bit off. Most clamps work by allowing the top and bottom parts of the clamps to touch and then this acts like a pivot point to ensure that as you tighten the bolt it increases the clamping force rather than just bending the mount near the cylinder.

Photos to follow...

He's not the first to have the slipping problem.

My mounts too are now ruined as they would not work and under the advice of Tarty I tightened them as much as was required to stop them slipping thus bending them. Although technically they now work, I'm considering sending them back and going with the Echo set.

I too think the design may be a bit off. Most clamps work by allowing the top and bottom parts of the clamps to touch and then this acts like a pivot point to ensure that as you tighten the bolt it increases the clamping force rather than just bending the mount near the cylinder.

Photos to follow...

Thanks for backing me up man :) I new there would be some one with the same problem as me. I think they should re-design them with strength in mind rather than trying to be light weight. If the bottom part of the mount was in contact with the whole of the top part of the mount at the non booster end there wouldnt be any problems as far as i can see.

I can see how this would be a problem, even more so if the pad needs to be set quite high meaning the lower 2 bolts would go through the lowest part of the adjustment slots. The clamps would bend and under trials stresses, allow the slave to move. Magura slaves need to be clamped very firmly, I just assumed that TNN had designed their 'system' the logical easy way untill I actually looked at it.

Edited by casualjoe