What's With The 36 Hole 24in Rear Rim Hatred?

Alex@Flawless Bikes

Went on to tartybikes today to buy a new rear rim for my inspired to go onto my 36hole hope, only to find tarty don't seam to sell any! Have I missed some kind of 36hole hub boycott or what. Anyway anyone know of anywhere to buy such a rim or should I be looking to swap my hope for a 32hole one instead.

You can buy Hope hub shells seperately, so you wouldn't have to get a new hub necessarily. I see what you're saying though, I guess it's just that most rear trials hubs now only come in 32h, so there's less demand - especially from trials manufacturers - to make it in anything other than 32h.

They used to seemingly only come in 36h :lol:

Rhyno Lites, Tiogas, Trialtechs, was all 36h only when i was building mine a year or so back, they are out there!

That's why I ended up with a 36h cos I but it up 2 years ago and 36h was my only choose! <_<

You can probably get the 36h rhyno lite from chain reaction.

It's not your lucky day, it's not on sale. Still, they sell em.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26260

I have a rhyno lite on the front and no way will it with stand my bashing if its on the rear :unsure:

O well looks like a new hub shell may be inorder, dam annoying though.

Edited by E6v6i6l

Don't forget the whole '24"' trials scene has only recently boomed - give the market a chance to catch up! :lol:

Well I need a new rim now not in 6 months when the Market has court up! Anyway it all good now have a 32h pro 2 on the way so lets just hope in a year or so when I will no doubt need a new rim again they still make 32h rims.:lol:

Edited by E6v6i6l