London Sunday The 4Th Of April

Simpson

E, S or SW will get you more riding. Liverpool St. and that kind of area seems to consist more of riding from A->B, then getting kicked off by security guards pretty quick...

i got new spots... mark you ever check that dope bit near latimer rd?

plus, you riding mark!?!?!? please say yes huni, missin you tehe x

E, S or SW will get you more riding. Liverpool St. and that kind of area seems to consist more of riding from A->B, then getting kicked off by security guards pretty quick...

It's not so bad, especially on a Sunday - the city (banking district) is dead on the weekends, so i don't find that to be the case. Besides, i'd rather than than the usual sloped walls, stone circle, shit bit near the Tate etc.....

The riding from a - b can be some of the best bits of a ride. 1 shot to do a line, skipping in and out of obstacles and doing everything with momentum. Better than 2 hours of static hops at a 40'' wooden topped wall.

i got new spots... mark you ever check that dope bit near latimer rd?

plus, you riding mark!?!?!? please say yes huni, missin you tehe x

I'm pretty sure I did at some point, yeah. And nah, not heading down - sorry dude! Think I'm in Wales somewhere that weekend, although Ali, Stan and I might be heading to London at some point over that weekend/week. I'll keep you informed ;)

It's not so bad, especially on a Sunday - the city (banking district) is dead on the weekends, so i don't find that to be the case. Besides, i'd rather than than the usual sloped walls, stone circle, shit bit near the Tate etc.....

The riding from a - b can be some of the best bits of a ride. 1 shot to do a line, skipping in and out of obstacles and doing everything with momentum. Better than 2 hours of static hops at a 40'' wooden topped wall.

I dunno, I guess I just got jaded from getting the boot so often round there. I found so much rad shit to ride down in the estates near Kennington/Oval and over further SE that I never really bothered heading up there much, or we'd just head west over towards Wandsworth kinda way. I'm also definitely in favour of having fun going from spot to spot, and 'cos I spent my 4 years in London riding BMX it was a bit more enjoyable blitzing around than on a trials bike, but 'cos of the amount of traffic and lights in the Liverpool St area it never really seemed that enjoyable. Just ducking in and out of some of the estates nearer Lambeth/Kennington was way more fun 'cos it's way more diverse and has a lot more to offer.

Defo agree about the 'usual' London ride route. I hung out for one London ride and just got massively bored 'cos of the standard route everyone follows, and I've tried many, many times to get people to venture further afield, but it hardly ever works. I lost interest in doing it in the end, so I'd just go off riding with my friends all round London instead of just mincing about by the river doing wheelies for tourists...

Yeah i know what you mean. Where abouts near the oval would you recommend? I don't live all that far from there so i might haver to have a look. If you could give me some info on some of the southernly spots i'd be most appreciative. I've ridden Greenwich a few times but thats not all that fun, but its true that just a little distance away from the river and it is a lot less hassle.

Defo agree about the 'usual' London ride route. I hung out for one London ride and just got massively bored 'cos of the standard route everyone follows, and I've tried many, many times to get people to venture further afield, but it hardly ever works. I lost interest in doing it in the end, so I'd just go off riding with my friends all round London instead of just mincing about by the river doing wheelies for tourists...

Generally now I just jam with Joel and see if he takes us to some sick spots! lol Yea Mark you really are such a hater of the "standard" London route! hahha

That's only 'cos I literally spent about 2 years solid just going out riding in loads of random places to try and find new places to shoot photos of people riding that weren't totally rinsed. 'cos I was on a well slack uni timetable I could afford to go riding whenever I wanted, so I'd just sort of end up going out riding at like half 2 at night and just scope out estates and shit all round south London. I was based in a really prime location where I was sort of the centre of London's main routes so it meant I could get around everywhere quickly and easily. Seeing how much amazing stuff there is to ride that's totally untouched, then just seeing people riding the same routes and even just doing the same lines (well, I say 'lines', a sidehop or a tap isn't really a 'line') was just pretty depressing.