What Makes Breaks Stick?

Kenny--Trials

Hey guys,

All i wanted to know was if you guys knew any tecniques to make a pair of magura Hs33 breaks stick better. Some body told me that rubbing the juice from grapes on the rims. Do you guys know any better?

Thanks guys.

ok juice from grapes? you joking? lol

but as everyone else said you use tar or grind to make it stick but tar is like ice in rain and also if you put the smallest bit too much on you will reck your bike so a good grind with one of those power tools that has a spinning disc on it. i would reccomend a medium grind as it lasts longer. you need to take tyre off though!

hope i helped

Cutting disks give a sharper grind - aluminium mostly clogs angle grinder disks anyway, so you'd have to leave the disk on the one spot for a couple of seconds before there's any fear of cutting the rim too deep. After getting fed up with the amount of time I spent spent messing with Magura setup, gluing pads into backings, grinds and regrinds and still losing half the brake bite in damp grass after all that trouble I went to dual disk and would be very slow to ever go back :)...

Do you buggery. Angle grinder, follow the tutorial on tartybikes.

Actually, the best way of stopping pinch flats after a grinding a rim is to run sandpaper along the edge that the tyre sits on to remove the sharp edge. It's not needed for braking performance as the brake pad shouldn't be touching it and leaving it sharp really does affect the number of punctures you get.

I see so many people complaining of getting punctures all the time but they don't sand off the edge of the rim. It's hardly surprising is it?

Actually, the best way of stopping pinch flats after a grinding a rim is to run sandpaper along the edge that the tyre sits on to remove the sharp edge. It's not needed for braking performance as the brake pad shouldn't be touching it and leaving it sharp really does affect the number of punctures you get.

I see so many people complaining of getting punctures all the time but they don't sand off the edge of the rim. It's hardly surprising is it?

i never do and i never get punctures. explain THAT beatch

Cutting disks give a sharper grind - aluminium mostly clogs angle grinder disks anyway, so you'd have to leave the disk on the one spot for a couple of seconds before there's any fear of cutting the rim too deep. After getting fed up with the amount of time I spent spent messing with Magura setup, gluing pads into backings, grinds and regrinds and still losing half the brake bite in damp grass after all that trouble I went to dual disk and would be very slow to ever go back :)...

+1!

Had my bike since sept with a VERY light grind, no joke it was back to smooth by the time Jack used his f**king amazing grinding skills on it tuesday, first puncture on a bike in about 3years? COINCIDENCE? That spelling looks wrong... Hmm.

HAPPY NOW? xD

Edited by Mikey-uk

Had my bike since sept with a VERY light grind, no joke it was back to smooth by the time I reground it on tuesday, first puncture on a bike in about 3years? COINCIDENCE? That spelling looks wrong... Hmm.

You forgot to mention my f**king epic grinding skills!