What Makes Breaks Stick?

Kenny--Trials

Hey guys,

All i wanted to know was if you guys knew any tecniques to make a pair of magura Hs33 breaks stick better. Some body told me that rubbing the juice from grapes on the rims. Do you guys know any better?

Thanks guys.

Edited by Kenny--Trials

never heard that one before,think they winding you up,what pads are you running?are your pads hitting the rims dead flat and do you run grinds etc

It does work ... and makes a large honk :lol: ! I dont know what pads I have because I have only had my bike 20 days as I bought the bike off my mate >_< .

Buy some decent pads. Ask someone if you dont have or are not confident yourself to run an angle grinder over your rim. (metal disk) Use the tarty bikes rim brake hs33 set up and you'll be good to go.

YEAH MAN IT TOTALLY WORKS

:giggle:

No I've used it and i was the guy who found that out. The bite sound and hold is like TNN LMG's its fantastic! Don't doubt grapes!

EDIT: kenny this is why i never mentioned the grape idea on here, no one would try it or even listen to the idea. Just laugh (like half cooked meat :rolleyes: )

Edited by Laurence--Trials

No I've used it and i was the guy who found that out. The bite sound and hold is like TNN LMG's its fantastic! Don't doubt grapes!

I love it when my brakes sound like a light machine gun

Seriously, what possessed you to put grape juice on your rims?

last time I mixed wine with brakes, I ended up face down in a bush >_<

HAHa +1 on that lol

Thanks guys

I am looking into it now. I think my uncle may have one.

You'll need a new set of pads, Rock green pads are for smooth rims so you'll need to spend another 17-32 quid-ish on pads too!

I was very very very bored i knew grapes were sticky and that people put coke on there rims to make the braking better (i tryed this after and it made the braking worse) and i hadn't eaten my packed lunch for school that day.

I strongly suggest trying this on a smooth rim one grape per side (me and kenny use purple grapes not sure if that makes any difference) Make sure the rim is dry before you start using your new emmence braking power. :turned:

EDIT: You'll want to do this once - twice per a day ride and keep your pads and rim clean.

EDIT2: grape brakes = BIG win :)

EDIT3: you lot f**k off out to your bikes with some grapes and try this shit!

EDIT4: sorry kenny i kinda hijacked your thread... :S

Edited by Laurence--Trials