Anyone Had Appendicitis Before?

PaRtZ

Yup i'm sure, my appendix had swollen up, but the inflammation calmed down, so now i have to be careful :(.

How long ago was this? Appendicitis very rarely is self-limiting, and there are plenty of far more likely explanations for an abdo pain that disappears. 50% of hospital admissions with acute abdo pain leave without a diagnosis, and don't get told that they "sort-of" had appendicitis.

which seems to be what Ive got

The pains died down quite alot, maybe my massive headache is overshadowing that but looks like its not appendicitis

Sure as hell would like to know what it was though :/

Thanks for the responses, Ill still keep my eye on it...

This might be an infection sorta thing. Because I'm currently suffering from abdominal pain and headache and it's very similar to what a colleague had a few days ago. Before that I had crampy muscles, achey joints, massive headache, high temperature and was shitting through the eye of a needle.

When I had appendicitis I couldn't move or even sit up in bed for 2-3 days. I thought something was wrong but my mum thought i'd pulled a muscle and refused to phone the doctor. Eventually after about 5 days of having it I started feeling extremely nautious and I was sick about 40 times in an hour then eventually passed out. Next thing I remember was waking up in the middle of the night in hospital with a nurse sticking a painkiller up my arse. Not exactly pleasant!

I had the same problem when i was younger, went docs and they rushed me into hospital, stayed in overnight and felt a bit better in the morning so they said go home, went outside and puked like hell in the car park. I still went home, but i was in bed for like 2 weeks, then it just got better. I think they said it might have been a grumbling appendix, but like what was just said, they basically diagnosed "sort of appendicitis".

I have been reliably informed that the likelihood of a genuine appendicitis spontaneously resolving is around the 0.001% mark. It seems like there's quite a lot of the 0.001% on this forum :P

EDIT: My consultant is lying. The internet suggests 1 in 13. Nevertheless, it seems unlikely that this is what's happened in both the cases here.

appendicitis is not a thing to joke with.

You all know I had peretonitis because I did not pay much attention to appendicitis, and because doctors told me I was fine when I clearly wasn't.

At first I thought I'm hungry, but eating didn't help. Then I thought I might need to go for a p*o but I struggled to do so. And that was the point when thought something is wrong.

Usually, before apendicitis, the top of your abs is aching, and then it goes down. And the faster you go see your doctor, the better. Because if you don't, you can end up with peretonitis and 1+ month in hospital.

i remember when i had appendicitis about 7 years back. went riding the day before and the next morning my stomach was killing me. thought it was pulled muscles so thought nothing of it. few days later pain was still there but getting worse, so went to the doctors who told me i had a stomach ache and gave me lacitives which i did not take. when i needed the toilet real bad for a crap i could not go, and the pain was so bad. went back to the emergency doctor at the hospital who also said i have a stomach ache and that was it. so off home i go and the next day i felt the worst pain ever in my stomach to the point i could not actually move it was that bad.... ambulance came and turns out my appendix just burst! so yea, i spent xmas in hospital and had loads of over complications cos it burst.