New Bike

Lawnmowerman

I'd go for the gt personaly so long as it DIDN'T have the rockshox ario shock. The boardman mtb/fs team also fits in at your budget with some better parts than the standard comp model.

My choice of the i-drive is mostly for looks, as it's a pretty meaty looking frame design.

I guess you're choice is going to be down to whether you can accept riding to work comfortably on a big bouncy bike at the expense of some pedalling power under suspension sag, or if you'd be happier getting there on a hardtail with minimal messing around. If it's purely for raod traveling and hopping up and down the odd curb i'd get the hardtail. If you want to take it around local parks and have a play on it at the weekends i'd go for one of the other two.

I wonder why the full suss one is less than the hard tail one?

I have some recon forks, albeit the spring ones, and they are VERY SOFT.

It's got better components on it.

Put a stiffer spring in it.

Well it's gonna be mostly used for commuting with the odd ride out etc. I just want to lose some weight to be honest, I used to ride a bighit everywhere so the sus isn't a problem as I'll get used to it. The only thing putting me off the gt it the shimano gears. I've never been a fan.

I've got the middle spring, they're still too soft, lol. I need the extra hard spring really.

They have a weight calculator guide in the user manual, tells you which spring is best.

Well it's gonna be mostly used for commuting with the odd ride out etc. I just want to lose some weight to be honest, I used to ride a bighit everywhere so the sus isn't a problem as I'll get used to it. The only thing putting me off the gt it the shimano gears. I've never been a fan.

Sell the shimano's and pick up some SRAM from pinkbike later?

You should go down to the bike shop that you will be getting it from and ask if you can have the i-drive with SRAM kit on it. Were i work with the cycle to work scheme if a customer says, I want an i-drive with SRAM instead of shimano. We either take the SRAM kit off another bike that we have in stock and put it on the i-drive and put the shimano onto the other bike and the customer can pay and difference up front if it takes the bill over 1k. Or we can just order the SRAM kit is especially and fit it to the bike wanted and sell the shimano bits on and again get the customer to pay the difference if there is any.

So basically, I would say just go down to the bike shop where you will be getting it and say is there any way of having the i-drive but with SRAM kit. (if you want the i-drive that is)

Just another possible option……..