Tyre Pressure

Alle.C

about how much pressure do you have in your tyres ? :)

not to hard so your tyre doesn't pop and so it absorbs a little on drops but not soft enough for the rim to hit the floor on landing etc.

if your doing gaps and rear wheel hops with no big drops etc then the tyre can go down a bit if your learning to make it feel a bit easier, well for me it helped until you get the hang of it.

Edited by trials owns

how to move ? :$

I've reported the first post to the powers that be to get it moved to Trials Chat.

Bit more on pressure while I'm here- If I run my tires just hard enough not to get punctures, I find the tyres still bounce me around a bit too much, especially on cambered sections, so I tend to run them with a bit more air to keep the tyre more stable. Just preference really- I know people who have run their tyres so low that you can rim out just by compressing the bike with your body weight but that's just too low for me.

I've reported the first post to the powers that be to get it moved to Trials Chat.

Bit more on pressure while I'm here- If I run my tires just hard enough not to get punctures, I find the tyres still bounce me around a bit too much, especially on cambered sections, so I tend to run them with a bit more air to keep the tyre more stable. Just preference really- I know people who have run their tyres so low that you can rim out just by compressing the bike with your body weight but that's just too low for me.

I remember riding Wheeler's 20" Zoo before he went to bmx. My body weight alone flattened both tires just when trackstanding. I think Mr Marshall is right though - it's personal preference but think about your style of riding etc...

Natural riders would run higher pressure (on average), side hoppers run little pressure (they believe it gives more bounce). Play around with a few pressures and try moves you would do on a usual ride to test (not just hopping on the rear wheel).

Good luck...