Windows Xp New Problem..

Borat

But nothing is working still.

Like, windows update does nothing when clicked, if I go to install itunes if says either the laptop is in safemode or the installed is corrupt.

Btw, thankyou so much Anzo and KB. I dunno what I'd do without you guys. (Y)

But nothing is working still.

Like, windows update does nothing when clicked, if I go to install itunes if says either the laptop is in safemode or the installed is corrupt.

Btw, thankyou so much Anzo and KB. I dunno what I'd do without you guys. (Y)

I do, you'd have a computer that doesn't work :P

I do, you'd have a computer that doesn't work :P

:D

Borat, sounds to me there are far, far too many issues here and with minimal information makes it difficult to see whats wrong.

You could try hitting F8 at boot up and within the Advanced Boot menu select 'Start Windows Normally' - if this fails then see below. I've never known a fresh install to boot into safe mode, usually points to a dodgy CD, dodgy installation or a hardware issue :)

Peronally in your situation:

1. Find another computers and download all the drivers you'll require. I'm not sure how you've been getting the drivers but if you look on the bottom of your laptop you'll see a sticker with something like '3823-7TG' - this is your model specification. Lenovo product several variations of the T60 laptop with minor differences.

If you put in the exact model from that label on the lenovo website (right hand side) it will only detail the drivers you NEED. There is no need to download everything on there, just the bare basics to get your system running and then you can add more later on when you need them - basics being ethernet/wireless, video/graphics, Bus controllers.

When you've downloaded them stick them onto a USB stick.

2. Put in the XP disc blah blah blah, delete the OS partition and reinstall it.

3. It should boot up without any issues - if it's not then its fairly safe to say it's disc error or perhaps even a hardware error at the extreme side of things. As you've made this XP disc yourself, I'd bet it was the disc.

4. If you managed to boot up, install the drivers one by one - ethernet/wireless first so then you can at least get onto the net and troubleshoot other problems further.

5. Install the rest of the drivers - monitor the Hardware Manager (Control Panel> System> Hardware) and look out for any yellow ? marks - basically either the driver isnt installed, not installed correctly OR an incorrect driver.

Unfortuantely, without seeing the laptop first hand, we're pretty much playing guessing games. If you really wanted to you could send the whole thing to me and I'll have a look - or take it to a shop.

Basically, I could marry you right now!

It's all sorted now, some drivers were missing and the actual xp setup was wank, so re-downloaded another one and used it.

All is good, I owe you Anzo! If we're ever on a ride together, give me a should and I'll buy you a drink or whatever! Really, REALLY appreciated mate!! :)