Long Or Short Bikes ?

Ashes

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better for purely trials riding

• Long
    • Short

Hi all, I've started looking for a new bike to upgrade to. On the forum there seems to be so much speculation about which is better and it realy confuses me. What i want to know is which type of bike is better for stuff like side hops, gaps gap to fronts etc. Im not as interested in stuff like manuals and "truck riding" as i purely want to focus on what i consider to be pure trials.

Thanks.

Ashes.

Personally i prefer short, because i love to do manuals, etc... :P

However for what you want to do I think long is your best bet so I voted long. It's all personal preference though, whatever you feel most comfortable on!

rd

Edited by raoulduke

A whole heap of people think long.

I simply can't ride long bikes.

I guess I'd adapt - I just find short bikes so much easier to ride... In ALL aspects of riding. TGS, street and rocks.

I vote short - but bear in mind most people seem to find longer frames better for it.

Long helps in a mechanical sense (easier for leverage and stability), however rider size and style will always cause a difference in what is considered long between one rider and the next.

For me personally, 90% of mods are too small, as are most 24" bikes. 1040 Stocks seem too small for trialsy stuff and i'd say 1080'ish is around average. For most people 1100 is almost unmanagable, but i reckon i could handle even bigger than that at my size.

If you want to vary your riding between streety and purely trials then you have the choices of a more balanced bike in terms of geometry or picking either of the two extremes and just.... making do.

Thanks for the help guys gave me a real good insight into what i should be my next step. Ive decided to go with a long frame ZOO! lynx which should upgrade my riding to the next level ....... fingers crossed. :giggle:

Ashes. :lol:

• 1 year later...

I like short mods, Koxx White Skys are the nicest riding mods EVER

Stock i like long-ish, 1080-1090wb so long as they have decent bb rise.

I loved my old Echo control short, but that only had a +20 bb

I'm now riding a +70bb with 1090 WB