Could You Run Two Bashrings?

JT!

Would it mess up the pedals been able to screw on? Would I have to buy two right hand pedals?

You would need 2 right hand pedals and the left hand one would constantly be unscrewing itself unless you loctited it :)

Wouldn't you need a free-wheel / sprocket on too, to hold the bashing in place.

Yes you would.

What you could do is run a half bashring under the BB cups like AliC did, you would need a BB with a flanged left hand cup though.

Wouldn't you need a free-wheel / sprocket on too, to hold the bashing in place.

I thought you could just grind down a screw on sprocket or something like that.

What you could do is run a half bashring under the BB cups like AliC did, you would need a BB with a flanged left hand cup though.

Pics or more info?

You would need 2 right hand pedals and the left hand one would constantly be unscrewing itself unless you loctited it :)

Would it come undone? I mean i would sit on my bike all day long and back pedal and I don't think my pedals would come loose.

Can I just ask why anybody would want to have 2 Bashrings because I think whatever the reason there has to be a better alternative.

Thanks

because his frame most likely does not have a bashplate, there is nothing to protect the bottom of his frame. :blink:

if you have 1 bashring, then it will have some protection, but 1 side of the bbshell can still get damaged.

if you have 2 bashrings, then it will give even more protection....

did you even thing before you posted that :mellow:

Would it come undone? I mean i would sit on my bike all day long and back pedal and I don't think my pedals would come loose.

you put more force on them though pedaling forwards, but not as much backwards.

Can I just ask why anybody would want to have 2 Bashrings because I think whatever the reason there has to be a better alternative.

Thanks

I rode with a bashring once upon a time and hated it - especially being left foot forwards, so I was wondering if there was a way to make a more bashplate-like system on a non-bashplate compatible frame.

But there is no pedal load when freewheeling backwards ;)

With something like an echo external BB you could clamp a bashring on either side of the BB shell, not sure if youll lose too much length off the axle though. Not got any pics, Ali used a trialtech ti halfring clamped on the right hand side of the BB shell a while back.

because his frame most likely does not have a bashplate, there is nothing to protect the bottom of his frame. :blink:

if you have 1 bashring, then it will have some protection, but 1 side of the bbshell can still get damaged.

if you have 2 bashrings, then it will give even more protection....

did you even thing before you posted that :mellow:

you put more force on them though pedaling forwards, but not as much backwards.

Stock bikes don't have a bash plate and i have never known anyone using 2 Bashrings, and that seems to suit the majority of stock riders. Also I don't hear too many people complaining about ruining their frame this way.

Also I am left foot forwards and have always found that my left crank takes most of the damage after my bashring of course.

If it is personal preference fair enough, it just seems like a lot of money spent on something most riders live happily without.

And I did think before I posted, however for me the cons seemed to outweigh the pro's.

Apologies. :S

That is a good way of doing it if you want to shed some weight off having a full ring. However repeated landing on it can allow the bb shell to crack.

Yeah but if you had two the force would be halved. :shifty:

Does it hold in place? Did it go right on or did you have to remove material? What % of thread is in contact with the frame?

I've had it like that for two months now and I haven't had to move it once. It went straight on, no material was removed. The bash is thread less anyway so it just slipped over the BB cup and then I just tightened it up.

When I was learning fakie manuals mine came loose almost straight away.

You really shouldn't need two bashrings. Having to mess about that much simply to run one really isn't worth the effort. If you use it for it's intended purpose (i.e. not being used in the first place) then you shouldn't really have much to 'not like' about running a bashring. If you're BIUing it up then obviously you might notice a difference, but if you're not sailing to bash on everything you should be able to get used to it pretty quickly...