Limey 320 Feedback

dannytrialskid

Hello,

I know I keep making topics and stuff, but I just want to get my frame sorted out.

I have several people changing my mind and I think I have hooked onto the Limey 320.

Just wanting general feedback on the frame, any problems or common faults?

Is it worth getting etc...

Thanks,

Danny.

I have been hooked on the limey 3 FOREVER!!! lol!

From what people have tol me, it's the best frame they had ever ridden, it look sexy too, i just bought a new meta mod, but once i have the extra money, im getting the limey 3, or possibly the limey 4 if it comes out soon.

Good luck! (Y)

Also, a guy told me the only prob he had ith the frame was he kept going through headsets for some readon

Edited by TRD

I have been hooked on the limey 3 FOREVER!!! lol!

From what people have tol me, it's the best frame they had ever ridden, it look sexy too, i just bought a new meta mod, but once i have the extra money, im getting the limey 3, or possibly the limey 4 if it comes out soon.

Good luck! (Y)

That's what I like to hear.

Also, a guy told me the only prob he had ith the frame was he kept going through headsets for some readon

That's not what I like to hear, but could just be him. Way he rides? - Way he assembled or the headset itself?

At first I thought ... Ew! :sick: the colour is rank! - Now I kinda love it! :wub:

Edited by dannytrialskid

He is a very very good rider, im pretty sure it wasnt his fault installing it, but maybe it was a manufacture frame error?

yes, the color is awesome too, my color scheme will be black try all hOle rims with white rim tap, think it will look sick!

Well whatever frame you end up getting, let me know and post pics!!!! ;)

He is a very very good rider, im pretty sure it wasnt his fault installing it, but maybe it was a manufacture frame error?

yes, the color is awesome too, my color scheme will be black try all hOle rims with white rim tap, think it will look sick!

Well whatever frame you end up getting, let me know and post pics!!!! ;)

Will do buddy!

The limey 320 is such a good frame looks good and rides really good i have 175mm cranks and the trial tech race stem Tartybikes make it feel so light to ride but that might be because it's 8.3kg :)

And if you are running a hs33 you don't need to run a booster The built in booster is so stiff

100% get it you will love it ;)

And

100% get some heatsink pad you will love them to :-

Let me know if you what to know anything bud ;)

Jamie

The limey 320 is such a good frame looks good and rides really good i have 175mm cranks and the trial tech race stem Tartybikes make it feel so light to ride but that might be because it's 8.3kg :)

And if you are running a hs33 you don't need to run a booster The built in booster is so stiff

100% get it you will love it ;)

And

100% get some heatsink pad you will love them to :-

Let me know if you what to know anything bud ;)

Jamie

Ah good :) - I am getting Heatsink Yellows with CNC Backings when my pads go.

Very good frames and ride amazing.

Or maybe the onza comp thats also a brilliant frame

or if you can wait get the limey 4 as its awesome best frame ive ever ridden the geo is really good.

Yeah I like the look of the limey 4, have they decided on graphics yet or is it plain like that, to be honest I'd still buy it plain like that.

When is that ment to be released roughly?

It's a nice frame to ride, light and chuckable.

The issue with the frame is running non-onza parts. If you have a rear hub other than an onza one, things are very tight in terms of space. If you're running a 128mm BB with a front freewheel, the chain rubs on the seat stay. If you're running something like a rockman rear hub and want to use a rear disc, there's absolutely no space and the rotor rubs against the dropout on one side and the sprocket / chain (unless you run it backwards) rubs against the other side.

At the moment I'm running a Profile rear hub with Trialtech cranks (using a bashring and a fixed cog spaced as much as I can) and a 118mm BB and my chain still rubs on the seat stay, and my rotor is still pretty damn close to the frame.

The issue with the frame is running non-onza parts. If you have a rear hub other than an onza one, things are very tight in terms of space. If you're running a 128mm BB with a front freewheel, the chain rubs on the seat stay. If you're running something like a rockman rear hub and want to use a rear disc, there's absolutely no space and the rotor rubs against the dropout on one side and the sprocket / chain (unless you run it backwards) rubs against the other side.

At the moment I'm running a Profile rear hub with Trialtech cranks (using a bashring and a fixed cog spaced as much as I can) and a 118mm BB and my chain still rubs on the seat stay, and my rotor is still pretty damn close to the frame.

Well I have a Try-All Bike kit. Everything Try-All!

I think a 122.5mm BB with Front FreeWheel.

Had the exact same problem with my limey 20 but i bought a £45 onza disc hub echo tr sprocket and now everything sweet no rotor or chain rub :)

Yeah but what about a 122.5mm BB with front freewheel?

completely depends on your cranks, on a limey 20 i was running a 118bb with a try all freewheel, an eno is wider so wouldnt work, also your cranks need to clear the maggy slaves, try alls are probably the biggest offset. also running a 3/32 chain instead of a 1/8 will give you a few mm of clearence, what rear hub have you got??

completely depends on your cranks, on a limey 20 i was running a 118bb with a try all freewheel, an eno is wider so wouldnt work, also your cranks need to clear the maggy slaves, try alls are probably the biggest offset. also running a 3/32 chain instead of a 1/8 will give you a few mm of clearence, what rear hub have you got??

Well I got the Try-All Bike kit.

Freewheel: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=145697

Cranks: http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=52&category_id=514

Hub: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10384&category_id=62 - I THINK!! not sure about this one.

with try all cranks and freewheel you can run a 118mm bb no problem which will give you the most amount of room, the thread is close to the edge of the hub so i think your best bet would be to run an echo tr sprocket as the teeth are centred instead of offset to the right, as i say the 320 seems alot better for chain clearence so you will be able to get it set up ,might just mean trying a few things out,

with try all cranks and freewheel you can run a 118mm bb no problem which will give you the most amount of room, the thread is close to the edge of the hub so i think your best bet would be to run an echo tr sprocket as the teeth are centred instead of offset to the right, as i say the 320 seems alot better for chain clearence so you will be able to get it set up ,might just mean trying a few things out,

So will the things that I have work though?

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10546&category_id=502

Don't think I have all of that as they have changed a few things!

at most you might have to change your bb to a 118 instead of a 122.5. and change chain to 3/32, and your sprocket to an echo tr. you may find it all fits but is very close to rubbing, changing those things will just give more clearence

Edited by philgresty

at most you might have to change your bb to a 118 instead of a 122.5. and change chain to 3/32, and your sprocket to an echo tr. you may find it all fits but is very close to rubbing, changing those things will just give more clearence

I don't have the money to do that :(

Will my stuff be fine though? - All I need to know for the moment :)

yer, itd definitely rub with your setup on a limey 20, the 320 seems a little better for clearence so itll be close if it does clear

I emailed tartybikes asking if it would all fit and they said yeah it will.

So hopefully they are correct in saying so as they do know best I guess, as they put them together all the time?!?