Onza Limey 320

Captain Scarlet

Had this frame sitting looking at me all day at work yesterday, had to get home and build it immediately. Also managed to rebuild my King headset without having to send it off to the states.

Got it finished off this morning, here it is (excuse the camera phone quality).

14756_207348953015_514468015_3250666_584

14756_207348963015_514468015_3250667_179

14756_207348968015_514468015_3250668_375

Spec for those who care:

Onza Limey 320 frame

Echo Lite forks

Chris King Headset

Hope mono trial front and rear

Trialtech cranks, Echo urban bashring, Try-all freewheel, Try-all BB

Rage bars on trialtech stem

Echo rims on Echo rear hub and Pro2 front

I've only had a little play around because of the snow, but it rides much better than the first Limey 20, positioned a lot more over the front, and the difference in BB rise is VERY noticeable. Much more comfortable on the rear wheel as well, I never did find the sweet spot on my first Limey, but this is perfect.

Decided to finally more UCI by not having a bashplate.

Need to get a decent rear hub/rear wheel build, the gash Echo hub puts the rear disc rotor 1-2mm away from the frame, the clearance is ridiculous. It also makes it very hard to set up the disc calliper so I've got a lot of drag as a result. Or tempting to go for a rear rim brake again.

Chain slaps on the frame a bit, but what can you expect for such a modern frame with amazing geo.

I've not weighed it yet, but I'm guessing its around the 9.5kg mark, should change some components in the new year to get that sub 9kg.

Big thanks to Joe and Mike at Onza for getting this out so fast.

Edited by Captain Scarlet

looks so much better with black components nice one tom :)

if rockman dont bring out a short rear magura frame at some point i will probably have this after my koxx dies(if it dies:)) though i may get it sprayed white ;)

Edited by Toby

hi bike looks nice, what bb length are you running im having a few problems with mine and want a bit of advice into this.

127.5mm, I am getting a lot of chain slap on the frame so I'm tempted to shim the freewheel closer to the BB, I've got nearly a centimetre between my BB shell and freewheel.

I was also very shocked when I weighed it today, 9.96kg! It's a tank!

I'll get some new forks, tyres/tube, and Onza wheels in the new year.

Edited by Captain Scarlet

I want one soooo bad ! :D

Nice build! Looks excellent.

Interesting how much conversation has gone on and on and on about the colour in the other thread!

I'm amazed at how little interest there is in how the bike actually rides? :rolleyes:

We spaced the freewheel over with a left over bb spacer (3mm ish). Worked perfectly and stopped the chain slap.

Morg is improving every time he rides the bike. Really is amazing how much better he is getting just from the frame change. He had a ride in the wet the other day and was pulling off moves there is no way he would get on the Monty. I think this geo just suits him better. He's getting more grip and more height. I reckon it's the best choice we have made - bike wise - in ages.

Give us some feed back on how you think it rides.

Thanks Joe for an excellent frame (Y)

Edited by Cam

Had my first ride on it yesterday, dampish conditions.

Back wheel feel is awesome, definately have so much control on the rear wheel, also more accuracy with the rear wheel (landing in manual/brakeless). I also find it more natural to finish moves on the rear wheel (on my old Limey it was such a struggle to hold the front wheel up, I'd have to drop it the second I did a gap or tap).

Next upgrade is to sort out my chain line, the slap is getting on my nerves and will definately give me a big confidence boost!

Had my first ride on it yesterday, dampish conditions.

Back wheel feel is awesome, definately have so much control on the rear wheel, also more accuracy with the rear wheel (landing in manual/brakeless). I also find it more natural to finish moves on the rear wheel (on my old Limey it was such a struggle to hold the front wheel up, I'd have to drop it the second I did a gap or tap).

Next upgrade is to sort out my chain line, the slap is getting on my nerves and will definately give me a big confidence boost!

Aup

just wondering what you are doing to stop the chain slapping,

as i am wanting to get this frame but always hear bad things about the chain set-up

Sam :D

just wondering what you are doing to stop the chain slapping,

as i am wanting to get this frame but always hear bad things about the chain set-up

We spaced the freewheel over with a left over bb spacer (3mm ish). Worked perfectly and stopped the chain slap.

It's the set-up, not the frame.