Inspired Fourplay Gearing

Ben H!

23:18 (Y)

Not what I run but Stan's got that on his Inspired and it's pretty nice. Just pop your freewheel on the back, 23t sprocket up front and you're away. Benefits are that you're putting less stress on your chain ('cos it's got the force dissipated through more teeth/links when you put the power down), you don't have a chain ragging around when you're going fast so no chance of getting your trousers caught in there, and it means you get more engagement points because you've got a mechanical advantage over the freewheel compared to it being on the front. Because you haven't got to worry about clearance as much as you would do on a 'proper' trials bike the 23t bashring's not a problem, and because weight's generally not a massive priority for 24s it's also not really bad in terms of the weight penalty. You can also ghost your bike, run along and jump back on without your cranks going mental like they do with a FFW setup too :P

can you use a freewheel on the back with a chris king hub?, Sorry to ask so many questions, but I seriously don't have a clue with 24'' bikes lol

No. Chris King hub is a freehub meaning they have the freewheel stuff built into them. So you wont need a freewheel.

Even more reason to run a 23t front, haha. I've got a Pro 2 T on my Inspired and with 23:17 you don't really need a tensioner at all. If you run 23:18 you can get away without a tensioner but using a half-link in your chain.