Free Tar

Dave Anscombe

Hey guys well my brakes are getting a little lets say weak and ive rn out of tar

i know people used to give it away on this forum dont know if anyone still does

but i realllllllly realllly needs some asap.because i want to get out and ride

If any one will send me some decent tar out would you let me know in this topic

thanks guys

Edited by Dave Anscombe

tar works shocking in wet and makes ur pads like shit , grinding and a good set of pads is better then tar.

Why the hell would anyone ride in the rain ? Where you're 90% more prone to injury and the fact that riding in the rain is cold, boring, misserable and just right out pointless. :)

Why the hell would anyone ride in the rain ? Where you're 90% more prone to injury and the fact that riding in the rain is cold, boring, misserable and just right out pointless. :)

I wouldnt say that.

Rain rides can be sweet! only if you choose to go out in the rain and not when you get rained on.

Although it does make trials a bit harder.

I use to use tar with old ZOO pads, as they lasted about 30 seconds with a LIGHT grind. but the pads if found that work with a smooth rim and tar is ANY! makes all pads work, but they all feel the same, (imo) and makes the brake kinda sticky too...

each to there own though!

Well, in theory then, if ALL pads work with tar and a smooth rim and not all pads work with a grind, so statistically speaking, smooth and tar wins in terms of compatability :)

Well, in theory then, if ALL pads work with tar and a smooth rim and not all pads work with a grind, so statistically speaking, smooth and tar wins in terms of compatability :)

Personally I like the way grind perform in all weathers, tar is only good in try, Id rather ride in rain than wind though. :P