Echo Tr Cage Pedals

dannytrialskid

They are grippy as hell with the right shoe, when i first got them i always used to ride in nike 6.0 skate shoes but they were slippery as hell on them so moved to a softer vans skate shoe and the are now awesome.

I could just buy the Rockman Cage when the Echo ones break. It should fit.

They're about as different as it's really possible to make a 'standard' caged pedal - ain't gonna happen!

large_echotrcage2.jpg

Pedal Dimensions

- Cage width (Widest point): 102mm

- Cage length (Longest point): 92mm

- Cage depth (Thinnest point): 13.5mm

large_rocksil.jpg

Pedal Dimensions

- Cage width (Widest point): 100mm

- Cage length (Longest point): 84mm

- Cage depth (Thinnest point): 14mm

I don't really mind. I wouldn't buy either, but that's because I know how good the TR Platform pedals are. It's your money, it's your choice. The TRs are cheaper and a little stronger, the Rockman pedals are more expensive and a little weaker but are more replaceable in the long-term. It's up to you to weigh up the pros and cons.

I could buy the Rockman ones. When the cage brakes, I could buy the Try-All cage replacement, which is £2.50 cheaper, looks nicer, and is the same measurements.

Rockman:

Pedal Dimensions

Try-All:

Pedal Dimensions

Get Echo TR platforms, good value, strong etc etc..

[/Thread]

I agree...

Except no offence ashes, but your wrong :P the cages on echo TR caged pedals is amazing! The teeth dont blunten (sp? lol) and the cages are hard to bend. Go for the cage for grip and shindigs or go for the echo platforms for grip ;) but the paltforms are VERY grippy, and they possibly do shindig very bad.

They are grippy as hell with the right shoe, when i first got them i always used to ride in nike 6.0 skate shoes but they were slippery as hell on them so moved to a softer vans skate shoe and the are now awesome.

And now cracked at the body. And its not just any wee pishy crack, its a beast.

Warrenty jobTarty?

And now cracked at the body. And its not just any wee pishy crack, its a beast.

Warrenty jobTarty?

Yours cracked?

I'm probably going to get the Rockman ones anyways, because then I can get the cage replacements.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=11272&category_id=149

I had the usual VP's, Try all and Trialtech (I think they're the same sh*t), and at the moment for the last three months I've been running the Tr caged. In my opinion, they are the perfect pedals: really comfortable, cheap, STRONG (the most important factor for me, as I was fed up with bending pedals), aesthetically nice with a lot of colours, and finally, they are very light. I would go for them 100%

Edited by Zoo!Man

I had the usual VP's, Try all and Trialtech (I think they're the same sh*t), and at the moment for the last three months I've been running the Tr caged. In my opinion, they are the perfect pedals: really comfortable, cheap, STRONG (the most important factor for me, as I was fed up with bending pedals), aesthetically nice with a lot of colours, and finally, they are very light. I would go for them 100%

But if you get the rockman ones, you can buy replacement cage for it bends or cracks.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=11273&category_id=151

I would of got the Echo but I'd like the chance to be able to buy replacements.

But if you get the rockman ones, you can buy replacement cage for it bends or cracks.

Yes you are right, but if you bend the Rockman ones (thing waaay possible, as Mark said they're weaker than the Tr ones), and you buy a new cage for them, you're spending 75 pounds (pedals you bought + new cages); if you bend the Tr ones (IMO that's quite quite improbable bearing in mind what I said before), you CAN buy other whole new Tr ones, and you'd be spending 70 pounds( new pedals + new pedals).

So it's even cheaper buying a couple of Tr than a Rockman and fixing it. Hope this helps you! ^_^

• Like 1

But with echo ones they never do bend or crack... well not very many of them do :P

and the echo ones... is it really stupid how the try-all super light pedals or something are like £80 but the echo ones are £35 and only 6 grams heavier?

Unless your a real, and i mean REAL weight freak, whats the point in spending 40 quid for 6 grams?

Very yer ....... I like that they have a range of colours though :D

Ashes.

Yeah how can you say a they have shit grip when you have never had a pair like someone stated above.

I know a few people who run these and are very happy with the way they perform.

Yes you are right, but if you bend the Rockman ones (thing waaay possible, as Mark said they're weaker than the Tr ones), and you buy a new cage for them, you're spending 75 pounds (pedals you bought + new cages); if you bend the Tr ones (IMO that's quite quite improbable bearing in mind what I said before), you CAN buy other whole new Tr ones, and you'd be spending 70 pounds( new pedals + new pedals).

So it's even cheaper buying a couple of Tr than a Rockman and fixing it. Hope this helps you! ^_^

VERY true, thanks for that! :D(Y)