What Bike Should I Start With

HaWxZi

i am looking to start trial biking but am unsure on what to begin with . i keep hearing onza are good and that 24" is the best for begginers

Hey there, 24" are not for begginers... its mod for begginers (20"). Well actualy its personal prefference. Whats your price range?

The Onza Pro 2010 is very good, but depending on your price the Onza Rip is also very good!

i am interested in trial biking cause my friends do it and it makes me feel like an outsider wen their talking . it has however always interested me

Em..Okay then :S

You should start trials, it is a very interesting sport and very fun! Not a massive sport but it is good. How much hsve you got to spend on a bike?

And not having a trials bike is fine, im sure your mates will give you shots of their ones untill you get one.

Hey there, 24" are not for begginers... its mod for begginers (20"). Well actualy its personal prefference. Whats your price range?

The Onza Pro 2010 is very good, but depending on your price the Onza Rip is also very good!

im saving up as much as possible but the cheaper of the two will be beter as it will probably get damaged alot with my inexpirience .

so which is the cheaper of the two

im saving up as much as possible but the cheaper of the two will be beter as it will probably get damaged alot with my inexpirience .

so which is the cheaper of the two

The Rip is cheaper, and it is very good, but the pro is very strong and will not get too damaged.

IMO go for the bird, as Grant said the rip is good, but with the bird it can be changed more such as the back wheel. The bird is £370 i think? And the pro is £480 i think.

I would go for the pro, as it is so much better!

i think ill jus start with the onza rip to start with wen i get better i will go for sumthin better

The Rip will be fine, until you want to upgrade anything on it, then it will be downright annoying. You're much better off getting the Bird or Pro, as you have the smaller back wheel which is more common in trials, and more powerful brakes than the vees that are on the Rip

James

The Rip will be fine, until you want to upgrade anything on it, then it will be downright annoying. You're much better off getting the Bird or Pro, as you have the smaller back wheel which is more common in trials, and more powerful brakes than the vees that are on the Rip

James

The vee's are amazing on the rip when maintained and kept in good condition.

The problem with vees are keeping them well maintained. I run vees and never have had anything else, but they're a pain in the backside to set up properly, plus you have the problem of them not working if the rim is so much as slightly untrue, wheras disks can still be run with a wonky rim, whch may be better for beginners if their riding isn't as smooth as it could be.

Just personal preferance really

James

Edited by krazykid009

The problem with vees are keeping them well maintained. I run vees and never have had anything else, but they're a pain in the backside to set up properly, plus you have the problem of them not working if the rim is so much as slightly untrue, wheras disks can still be ru with a wonky rim, whch may be better for beginners if their riding isn't s smooth as it could be.

Just personal preferance really

James

Well said (Y)

Or you could have a scoot round on ebay for an 07ish T-Pro. Its not uncommon to find ones that are in good condition, with dual maggies and sometimes a few other upgrades for example better brake pads, boosters etc.

They range from anything around £100-250. The people selling them have often bought them brand new for their kids whom have lost interest. Meaning some havnt been used an awful lot! Doing this will be a cheaper way into trials and the money you will save could be used to fix/repair the bike or to buy upgrades.

Or you could have a scoot round on ebay for an 07ish T-Pro. Its not uncommon to find ones that are in good condition, with dual maggies and sometimes a few other upgrades for example better brake pads, boosters etc.

They range from anything around £100-250. The people selling them have often bought them brand new for their kids whom have lost interest. Meaning some havnt been used an awful lot! Doing this will be a cheaper way into trials and the money you will save could be used to fix/repair the bike or to buy upgrades.

Do this! ;)

Aye there's a t pro ending on ebay at 12 tomorrow with no bids at the moment and starting at £80!

If I had the spare cash I'd buy it for the sake of it!!

Love spending money!!! :D

This is a very good idea, turst me :)