Eurobike 2010: Presentation Of The New 26" Inspired

janjan

Some guys from biggest MTB forum in Germany did an interview with Dave Cleaver (Inspired Bicycles) about the new Inspired frame/bike:

http://videos.mtb-news.de/videos/view/8704 (I hope this works without registration)

WHY DOES IT HAVE A SEAT?!

Other than that, pretty sexy bike!

Edited by modifiedridah2k9
  • Like 1

I don't really know, I just expected them to not put a seat on it because most proper trials bikes dont use a seat.

It does seem like an awesome bike though.

inspired bikes always have a seat! thats one of the main things about them, and makes them unique! they are trials/bmx bikes where you compine trials with bmx.

surely everyone knows this :blink:

Ali's bike feels really nice, the geo's spot on on it now. You'll be into it I reckon :)

U know i liked his first version wen i had my first ever go on it in bristol, i didnt want too get off the damm thing. Also the things they mite change sounded rite from wat ali said.

And it looks great.

iNSPIRED BOOBIES. Why has this significance not yet been mentioned?

Anyway, I'm definitely thinking about a 26" inspired. I feel, and certainly look, a bit cramped on on the 24".

I'd love to be able to retain a bmx feel on a 26".

I dunno, you looked pretty comfy in Bristol?

Either way, the latest (and final) geo on the Hex makes it feel a lot like a 24" bike but with larger wheels, obviously. I always used to find it weird going on Ali's old proto after my 24, but I can just get on his new bike and it feels really familiar straight away.

Either way, the latest (and final) geo on the Hex makes it feel a lot like a 24" bike but with larger wheels, obviously. I always used to find it weird going on Ali's old proto after my 24, but I can just get on his new bike and it feels really familiar straight away.

Ali said they'd put the bb height like the 24 or higher, which i think was right too do so it felt better on the bk wheel. Plus get the seat tube right so u can put seat all the way down.

Yeah, the new angle's dialed on it (Y) The rear end being a bit shorter is awesome too, makes it manual really, really nicely and be really agile for spins 'n' stuff too. Think the reach is slightly shorter than the proto too which also helps. Makes it feel super streety but still good for trials too.

Yeah, the new angle's dialed on it (Y) The rear end being a bit shorter is awesome too, makes it manual really, really nicely and be really agile for spins 'n' stuff too. Think the reach is slightly shorter than the proto too which also helps. Makes it feel super streety but still good for trials too.

:D

I arch my back on the 24". I saw just how badly when I filmed myself a few weeks ago and I usually have an aching back after riding. Altho, I guess the 26" isn't going to really create a significant amount more reach so I can straighten out my back?

It'll definitely help a bit. Maybe a higher front end might help out too, in that it'd sorta rotate your body position round a bit more upright? Can't remember off the top of my head what bar/stem combo you had on your bike...

Planet-X, 90mm stem maybe at something silly like 40 degrees with 3" riser bars and about 1-1.5" stem stackers. It's pretty high. Anyway, I think I should probably just wait until a 26" rears its head so I can try one out. Cheers for info though (Y)

so pissed, was really hoping to meet Ali and check out the bike, but he was nowhere to be seen on saturday :(! Still, lots of crazy products at Eurobike, the inspired being one of them, just a shame i didnt get to see it live..

Edited by Petrum