Eurobike 2010: Presentation Of The New 26" Inspired

janjan

Frame looks awesome, love it. If I had the spare moneys I'd get one of these built in an instant.

Promoting this new steed is gonna be one heck of a challenge when you consider that this bike and Ali.C, are pretty much a unique breed of singularity in riding terms. Its gonna be a hard sell when todays riders are so divided in their own unique riding disciplines, Dave and Ali.C will have to effectively reach out to a generation of riders that or neither far left or far right, without treading on the toes of those of us who are adamant to kick up a fuss about why this bike has a seat or brakes.

I disagree, I think Inspired have created the new 'new school' with the fourplay and think it will continue with the Hex. A different choice of riding style to TGS and brought back the fun and creativity of linking lines & tricks. Dave's created what I'm all about with Inspired and if I ever meet him i'll thank him for that lol

I think all the 24" riders will want this 26 and it will require less 'commitment' to move to an inspired for any current 26 riders interested.

Love that the 'Old skool' riding (which I have always referred to as 'Street') has become the 'new skool'

I think all the 24" riders will want this 26

Possibly - having swapped between my bike and Ali's proto I still sorta prefer the feel of slightly smaller wheels. It's sort of a trade between stability and rolling ability and agility. My riding's more sort of BMX orientated so the maneuverveareuauaveruability of the Fourplay is still something that'd keep me on a 24 rather than a 26.

That really does look nice. I'm not interested in getting one, but I am interested to know if there's any word on the top-spec one's price?

Only complaint would be the colour - and not because I don't like the red. That British racing green the prototype had was lovely.

Ha ha, so suddenly everyone wants a short 26" bike with a seat? So can I rebuild my mk2 Justice and be cool again?

Seriously though, if I hadn't bought the Curtis then this is just the thing I'd be looking for. Great video too, promotes the brand and bike really well. Definitely approve of the lass at the end too.

wow what an inovative bike, the designer really busted his gut over this one haha

it just looks like a fourplay that takes 26" wheels

zzz

Is that in the same way that any seatless bike looks just like another seatless bike? The geometry's totally different, the frame itself is a lot different to the current Fourplay frame too, they've redesigned the yokes on it, etc. - there's a lot that's different on it.

• 4 months later...

Mark, remember that some of these young pups in the trials world don't remember when a bicycle had a seat (or at least had one zip tied onto the area where the protuding seat tube used to be...)

These kids never knew the old school, or had Union Flag headtube graphics or blue top tube pads because the Tongue Brothers used them and they were cool.

For those reading this who don't know what old school is, here's a handy guide:

Dachshund+of+Time.jpg

Wow you just made me feel really old. at least im not the dog's @$$ yet