Team Echo

Bobo_Grimmer

Hi everyone. here's some pictures of my bike as it stands. I'm not sure on what year the frame is and also what some of the other parts are so maybe some of you guys might know... :D ( The pedals, bars and rear tyre are new and feel really nice too.)

Bikeasis06092010009.jpg

Bikeasis06092010005.jpg

Bikeasis06092010007.jpg

Bikeasis06092010001.jpg

Bikeasis06092010003.jpg

Bikeasis06092010011.jpg

Bikeasis06092010013.jpg

Bikeasis06092010014.jpg

I really like to ride natural stuffs but i find that the rear maggie i just can't always rely on. Especially now it's coming up to winter and most weekends are going to be cold, wet or muddy. I really like the feel and response of a rear disc but as you can see from my pictures i can't run a rear disc on this frame. :(

Now i don't have tones of money to throw at the bike but really really want to go rear disc. At the same time i don't want to sacrifice the weight ether by getting the cheapest parts that weigh a tone. (the rear of my bike as it is i've been trying to shave some weight off because it is fairly heavy) I'm a fairly light rider and at the moment and i'm not that great, unfit really i guess... (so only rocks, logs and no big 6' drops)

So i'm open to any ideas on parts and things that might be worth me getting. :)

I've been thinking of the Monty 220 Kamel frame as it's almost the same geo as my echo and gives me the option of maggie or disc. Will the increase in the BB rise and smaller chain stays help me with getting up stuff too... (I do like the look of them too :$ ) It's about the most i could spend on a frame as i will also be having to get a rear hub or new back wheel and the break too. :) There's the next question is rear hub? full wheel build? I thought about maybe a DOB Magnesium Rear 19" on a Echo TR Rear Disc 2010? I'm not to hot on what might work on the rear so some advice would be super. :) As for BB and head set i could use my BB from the echo as it's the same size... i think... but the head set i'm not sure on, would it fit? how do you get the thing off and onto another frame? what tools would i need to do that? :Slol As you can tell I've had my chin scratching going all weekend and i think that you guys would know much more about what i need to do and get so that's why i stuck up this thread.

Thank you for reading and I'm grateful for any info or ideas.

Shawn.

you buy very stronger and legendary frame, and i think if you want great brake you only need to buy try-all croco brown pads and made hard grind.

This frame may wark for you many years, and i think it's bad desire to change frame.

About rear wheel, this rim very light weight and so stronger, like echo, but more lighter then echo. and hub, it's try-all old-style hub, and i think you didn't has problem with this hub.

i think it's great bike for new rider, and all parts good, and i think you should change parts only when they broke.

Thank you for your comments and advice guys. :) I might see about experimenting with different rear pads and maybe save for a lighter rear wheel. (it really is a heavy feeling back end)

The reason i ask about some of the parts is a brought this from a guy who lives near me off of ebay last year and me not knowing too much about mods i thought i'd ask peeps on here. :D

Are the forks bad? i haven't seen them on any other bike. they feel light and quite stiff. (but then again i haven't ridden many different forks) :unsure:

The bar's are new and so far i haven't herd anything from them... they feel really nice though but i'm still trying to find just how far forward or back i want them :rolleyes:

The bar's are new and so far i haven't herd anything from them... they feel really nice though but i'm still trying to find just how far forward or back i want them :rolleyes:

Ah fantastic. My monty's are pretty much the same shape but they make funny noises and are quite short so the Viz ones look ideal.