Magura Brakes

D Rock 45

Hey

My back brake pistons are sticking an the fluid is coming back really slowly . I re-bled it think that was the problem with the fluid not being changing it after a while .

I used Dot.4 brake oil to re-bleed as I always use. There still sticking .

Does anyone Know the problem an have a solution to it as ive never had this problem before.

Thanks Dieter

Yep there hs33

I ran out of magura blood an was recomended DOT.4 by a bike shop nere mine. am sure it nothing to do with the oil . feels the same as the front brake which is bled with the magura blood . one piston is just slower to go back to normal the side without the hose runing to the lever

you were advised wrong by the bike shop you should never use dot fluid in your hs33s i would get someone who knows a bit more about maggys to have a look at it as the fluid may have knackered piston/seals or something,

someone please correct me if i am wrong

The DOT fluid will damage the seals as they are designed to be used with mineral oil. I'd flush it with mineral oil/water and re-bleed. As for the sticking, like it's been said, pull lever (put a rubber band around it if need be, and clean the slave pistons behind the pads.

I'd just give it a good flush out with water and bleed it with that, I was very dubious about it at first but did mine when I had to take it apart and had no proper fluid and it works great now!

^ This

and before you ask, yes water is fine, no it doesn't kill seals and yes everyone uses it.

Water will last ages! It won't evaporate as it can't escape anywhere as it's a sealed system. ;)

If it does start to leak, the DOT fluid you used before might've damaged the seals, but it should be okay.

The only problem you will have with water is in winter, when it freezes and jams your brake on! All you have to do before then is add some anti-freeze or vodka in with the water, then re-bleed.