24'' Inspired Fourplay (Question)

cthomson

You do know that 24:18 would equate to halfway between 18:13 and 18:14 don't you? 18:12 will be super stiff compared to your current set up.

oh damn it i just thought it was always 6 less that the front sprocket for a 22-16 thats why i changed to 24-18 and it didn't feel any different, i'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work out then i'll get a 23t sprocket for the front.

oh damn it i just thought it was always 6 less that the front sprocket for a 22-16 thats why i changed to 24-18 and it didn't feel any different, i'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work out then i'll get a 23t sprocket for the front.

It basically works as a ratio by dividing one by the other. 24:18 (24/18) = 1.333 whereas 18:12 (18/12) = 1.5 (a higher number being a harder gear). You can then go back the other way to find out what rear cog would suit an 18T front to give the same ratio: 18/1.333 = 13.5 so a 13T will be slightly harder than 24:18 and a 14T will be slightly easier.