Would You Stay With Someone If They Cheated On You?

Papa Manual

Stay or go?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Stay With Someone If They Cheated On You?

When my ex split with me, it was unexpected. Found out after she liked another guy and ended up going out with him 2 weeks after. They were going out for freshers week the week before drunk every night. She knew i didn't like cheaters, so i've always thought something may have happened and she thought it'd be the easiest way to do it.

I honestly think if she said she'd cheated on me and not split i'd have stayed with her and just been paranoid the whole time. In the end he cheated on her and i've been a lot happier without her so win win.

Definitely depends on the situation.

I'd like to think i'd give her marching orders, but as has been said there's so much that can affect it. Ultimately i'd probably end up letting it slide just the once if it wasn't too high a score on the cheat-o-scale and see how things were after that.

So if you love her and trust that she won't do anything again...?

No cause once she's done it once, the love and trust has gone. It's gotta' work both ways, its pretty obvious that they don't love you anymore when they cheat and on that note, them cheating means i can't trust them anymore.

Your statement should be non exsistent, nothing makes cheating acceptable, therfor, i don't need to be able to love and trust her that she wouldn't do it again, cause there wouldn't be a second opportunity.

I agree that its very circumstantial for alot if not all of situations. My past record has had me stay with the first girl which ended for other reasons, and then the second girl I just walked away from.

I agree with alot of what Mike says aswell, cant stand cheaters. If its boring; end it.

I've been cheated on, we stayed together after I found out due to the circumstances surrounding why she cheated (not going into them), unfortunately the break down in trust was such that the relationship never really stood a chance of continuing and it pretty much imploded.

It's a tough choice, personally I think my initial response depends a lot on why behind them cheating, but knowing how the above example went, I think cutting my losses at that point is probably the best option, despite how I might still feel about them (and vice versa).