Would You Stay With Someone If They Cheated On You?

Papa Manual

Stay or go?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Stay With Someone If They Cheated On You?

Be aware people: Your girlfriend is more likely to be reading this than you realise. If you say you'd stay you're letting her think - at least subconsciously - that she could get away with it.

That said, I believe there are mitigating circumstances to some cheating situations. I've cheated and been forgiven by previous girlfriends, so I would find it hard to go all holier than thou on someone. If I become bad enough at my boyfriend duties (and she could prove that) to let the idea of playing away turn from a thought to an action by her then I'd have to blame myself as well as her, leading to the possibility of forgiveness.

Possibility, not certainty Leanne, if you're reading this :P

Nah that's bullshit I definitely don't think I would, I'd never do that to someone else so expect the same. Not to mention I think I might just get too jealous of every single boy she spoke to from then on and not be able to deal with it. But then again I've never actually been in a properly serious relationship so I have nooooo idea to be honest.

Edited by Max Quinn

Cought my ex cheating on me at a party she went to, went to surprise her as said I wasnt goin to find her sat on some lads knee gettin off with him, pulled her off smashed the guys face in a week later sorted it out with her and all was sound for 2 weeks then she done the exact same thing again had been wid her for 2 years at this point once a cheat always a cheat !!!

I'm actually surprised by the forum for once, in a very positive way. I was expecting loads of people to post up saying they'd drop them straight away and find the other guy and smash his head in as the average age on here is quite young. I'm happy to be mistaken in that a lot of people accept it's largely circumstantial.

I wouldn't really know how to answer unless i ever find myself in that situation. I think it's somewhat engrained in us nowadays that it's best to leave if your partner cheats, out of self respect. Although i'd be inclined to say that i think sticking with them and getting through it can command just as much respect as doing "the right thing".

I was cheated on and at the time I would have taken her back by virtue of how I felt for her. This is despite the fairly brutal way in which cheated on/dropped me.

This wouldn't always be the case, I'm sure, but I'd never connected with another female to that extent before or since then for that matter. However, at this point, despite a part of me still missing and wanting to be with her it doesn't seem like a very sensible option in the hypothetical sense; it's certainly never going be a real option.

Are you sure the motivation for this thread doesn't relate to yourself, Jon? Other forum, eh? :-:giggle:

Edited by Ben Rowlands

There is a lot of legal dick size comparison. It's good for shits and giggles as they are great examples of exactly what I want to avoid becoming.

I wouldn't really know how to answer unless i ever find myself in that situation. I think it's somewhat engrained in us nowadays that it's best to leave if your partner cheats, out of self respect. Although i'd be inclined to say that i think sticking with them and getting through it can command just as much respect as doing "the right thing".

That's kind of my thinking to be honest.

Id get rid of her. If I caught her cheating, then id probably reshape the guys head with my boots.

Cought my ex cheating on me at a party she went to, went to surprise her as said I wasnt goin to find her sat on some lads knee gettin off with him, pulled her off smashed the guys face in a week later sorted it out with her and all was sound for 2 weeks then she done the exact same thing again had been wid her for 2 years at this point once a cheat always a cheat !!!

Why would you punch the guy who was with your girl. He might not even know she had a BF? :ermm:

I've always said, if someone cheats on me and I find out about it, I'm done. If they tell me about it, I'd consider staying.

Likewise but until you're in the situation you can't say what you'd do. Far too many factors to come into play for it to be so black and white.

I don't really think so... explain a situation.

If she doesn't consent to it, it's not cheating. If she consents, she can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.

Why would you punch the guy who was with your girl. He might not even know she had a BF? :ermm:

I've always said, if someone cheats on me and I find out about it, I'm done. If they tell me about it, I'd consider staying.

Kinda one of those spur of the moment things, plus, anger kinda builds up pretty quick in me. I think if you came home to someone with your wife you'd get the shotgun and the shovel out.