Manchester

MikeCottTrials

Anyone interested in riding round here at some point? Moved here last week without my bike, unless someone turns up to ride with I'm not seeing any point in getting it :ermm:

Living in salford btw

I live in Lancaster just up the road.. And my gf lives in Manchester, so I'll be around and can easily bring my bike down! Give me pm if you get your bike up and fancy a ride.

Allo,

For a big city there are literally no riders as far as I've found so far. I live in Stockport (South Manchester) and there's a guy called Bede who's studying up here too, think he's moving back up next week. I'm horribly unemployed for another two weeks so give me a buzz if your bike appears.

What do you ride?

Oli

I live in Lancaster just up the road.. And my gf lives in Manchester, so I'll be around and can easily bring my bike down! Give me pm if you get your bike up and fancy a ride.

Will do, next time I can afford a trip home for it ;)

Allo,

For a big city there are literally no riders as far as I've found so far. I live in Stockport (South Manchester) and there's a guy called Bede who's studying up here too, think he's moving back up next week. I'm horribly unemployed for another two weeks so give me a buzz if your bike appears.

What do you ride?

Oli

It hasn't gone unnoticed to me that its only the proud few in Manchester that seem to be aware of trials, maybe we'll all gather and start something.

Riding a blade at the moment, I'm going to be rusty though, it has been a while since I've ridden properly :unsure:

im about half an hour away on the train man i met you in sheff that time im a mate of lazenbys so yeah ill come ride thers hardly any decent riders near me :\

Awesome dude, I remember that day well. You and Lazenby had a lovers tiff half way through ;)

• 1 month later...

Will do, next time I can afford a trip home for it ;)

It hasn't gone unnoticed to me that its only the proud few in Manchester that seem to be aware of trials, maybe we'll all gather and start something.

Riding a blade at the moment, I'm going to be rusty though, it has been a while since I've ridden properly :unsure:

Awesome dude, I remember that day well. You and Lazenby had a lovers tiff half way through ;)

Hey ... you guys are the only people I can find thats round Manchester.

I'm George and live in stockport btw Oli.

I am dying for people to ride with.

I am fairly new to trials and want to go in groups and learn.

Where abouts in Stockport?

Cheers

Hey ... you guys are the only people I can find thats round Manchester.

I'm George and live in stockport btw Oli.

I am dying for people to ride with.

I am fairly new to trials and want to go in groups and learn.

Where abouts in Stockport?

Cheers

Well the situation as it stands is, I'm still waiting on somebody to bring my bike up :(

My parents where the main culprits, saying they where come up last week then ringing on the day saying "it's a bit far" :|

I WILL definitely be organising something asap though.

Oli seems up for it as well

Lee quary?

Is that organised or literally just deserted quarry?

where abouts mate?

Lee mill quarry is the full name, i think. Its in Rossendale between Bacup and stacksteads.

Its mainly setup for moutain bike trails, some nice sections. There are loads of rocks and some man made trials bits, such as concrete posts, logs, cable drums Etc.

There have been a few trials comp's up there, tyke trial .

Here is a link to a video

And another link http://adrenaline-gateway.co.uk/LeeQuarry.aspx

Edited by Dingledisco

Lee mill quarry is the full name, i think. Its in Rossendale between Bacup and stacksteads.

Its mainly setup for moutain bike trails, some nice sections. There are loads of rocks and some man made trials bits, such as concrete posts, logs, cable drums Etc.

There have been a few trials comp's up there, tyke trial .

Here is a link to a video

And another link http://adrenaline-gateway.co.uk/LeeQuarry.aspx

That video is ace... where you find it?

Erm... can u just go and pay and play sort of thing? or is it just a quarry? or ...

lol

Whats ability like up there because am fairly new to trials is it worth goin up there yet or not?

That video is ace... where you find it?

Erm... can u just go and pay and play sort of thing? or is it just a quarry? or ...

lol

Whats ability like up there because am fairly new to trials is it worth goin up there yet or not?

Found the video on tartybikes site. Its open for bikes permantly. They are still building new trails for the cross country/mtb riders and hopefully building new trials sections.

There is quite a lot up there for trials riders from beginners to top riders.

I have only been riding about a year and i love riding at Lee quarry.

Found the video on tartybikes site. Its open for bikes permantly. They are still building new trails for the cross country/mtb riders and hopefully building new trials sections.

There is quite a lot up there for trials riders from beginners to top riders.

I have only been riding about a year and i love riding at Lee quarry.

Ok, well i will have to get up there.

Not sure on my ability yet... never really done proper sections, or rock terrain, just street stuff that i can find, maybe sort out a ride with us lot from manchester up there?

Sort out this manchster trials scene, lets face it. Theres hardly anyone riding round here right?

Saw my name mentioned in this thread and thought I'd chime in.

For various reasons I'm not in Manchester this year but will be back next year. I used to ride every Tuesday with a couple of guys from Edinburgh Bicycle Co. on Oxford Road in Victoria Park, next to the Curry Mile. I'm sure they're still going. Also met up once with cant_ride (who's username is misleading!)

I've heard that there are some nice spots in Ancoats if anyone's around there.

Mike... big delay... get it sorted!!

I'm always up for it but after Leeds yesterday I'm going to need some proper recovery time; feel (and look) like I've ben in a war.

I'm well up for Lee Mill Quarry too, looks like it's only about 45 mins drive. It's a shame all this is happening just as the weather's turning crap. By the way there's some ace natural up at Dovestones Reservoir too, near the peaks if anyone's interested?

Oli

Mike... big delay... get it sorted!!

I'm always up for it but after Leeds yesterday I'm going to need some proper recovery time; feel (and look) like I've ben in a war.

I'm well up for Lee Mill Quarry too, looks like it's only about 45 mins drive. It's a shame all this is happening just as the weather's turning crap. By the way there's some ace natural up at Dovestones Reservoir too, near the peaks if anyone's interested?

Oli

Like the sounds of this as I'm only on the other side of Glossop so could be there in 20mins or so!

Right, come on let's get this sorted out!! I've finally recovered from the Leeds ride weeks ago haha (Still a few scabs to remove at my leisure) and I've got some brakes so shouldn't get so beaten up this time! Contrary to what most people say there's actually some pretty good riding in Manc so get out and ride!

Oli

Right, come on let's get this sorted out!! I've finally recovered from the Leeds ride weeks ago haha (Still a few scabs to remove at my leisure) and I've got some brakes so shouldn't get so beaten up this time! Contrary to what most people say there's actually some pretty good riding in Manc so get out and ride!

Oli

yeah theres some alright stuff by the uni on oxford road

ollie :sick: