What´s Happend With That Echo Pedal ?

AndrewG

Exactly the same thing happend to my echo SL single cage pedals.. the axel snaped from the exact same place..

but im 87kg and i had only been using them for 4 months..

Now i'm afraid...

I think it can be a pretty dangerous breakage.

Does anyone know if there is a lot of these broken pedals out there(here i'm talking about the axle breakage only) ? SL and TR...

Or is it just isolated cases?

Maybe tarty guys ;) ....

Thanks

My cracked echo`s

Moral of the story is then boys, unless you weigh the same as a 12 year old anorexic girl who dosent ride trials stay the hell away from them.

Would that be right?

You can't say that because some of these pedals break.

Even if it is probably weaker than "standard" Vp pedals.

My SL Ti caged pedals are for now 5 month old and i'm about 85kg, so for most of the people it should last at least a year or so.

You can't say that because some of these pedals break.

Even if it is probably weaker than "standard" Vp pedals.

My SL Ti caged pedals are for now 5 month old and i'm about 85kg, so for most of the people it should last at least a year or so.

Keep telling yourself that.

This scares me, i have a set of them in gold, extremely grippy, and veryyy light. I think they are amazing, just cos a few have broke doesnt make them automatically crap pedals...

Yours wont break.

Yes mate, your pedal broke.

I feel for you I really do.

If I made a thread about all the shit I have broken, it would probably break the internet or something.

(edit: spelt "break" as "brake"

Edited by Geek

Yes mate, your pedal broke.

I feel for you I really do.

If I made a thread about all the shit I have broken, it would probably break the internet or something.

(edit: spelt "break" as "brake"

I love how you have this ability to flaunt everything you've ever done, whether it's positive or negative, IT'S STILL F**KING AWESOME IN YOUR WORLD.

every echo pedal ive seen has broken...

My platforms have been fine for about 8-9 months.

Really, really light cage pedals + street = not a great idea, which is pretty much the moral of this story. Almost every broken set of TR cage pedals I've seen have had some pretty ragged looking cages - not really a coincidence.

EDIT: Not every broken set of TR cage pedals will have battered cages, I'm not saying they will - just that the only ones I've seen that have broken have.

My platforms have been fine for about 8-9 months.

Really, really light cage pedals + street = not a great idea, which is pretty much the moral of this story. Almost every broken set of TR cage pedals I've seen have had some pretty ragged looking cages - not really a coincidence.

EDIT: Not every broken set of TR cage pedals will have battered cages, I'm not saying they will - just that the only ones I've seen that have broken have.

The broken pedals that you've seen: Was it broken body mainly? or broken axle?

Thanks!