Danny Macaskill

bikeperson45

He is better at what some people would call 'proper' trials.

in my opinion i dont really think there is a set "proper trials" most riders have their own little thing that makes us all different .. otherwise trials would be the same!

danny mac just takes a different view/angle/line to what some of us would just sidehop <_<

ps. does the above make sense to you? :giggle:

Right, so that makes him better?

I strongly disagree. Sure, he's good at big gaps and sidehopping, but that gets very boring to watch, very quickly.

Danny may not be "pure trials" but his style is great to watch - perhaps he's not as powerful as TRA, Damon, whoever, but his videos are 10 times more appealing to watch. Sure, big power moves are impressive, but once you've seen one 400" sidehop you've seen them all.

I'm not trying to brown nose Danny, but his videos are by far the most watchable videos on the net (And I mean watchable more than once) - his style reminds me of the old trials kings videos.

TGS may be fun to do, but it's created a million shitty videos.

Right, so that makes him better?

I strongly disagree. Sure, he's good at big gaps and sidehopping, but that gets very boring to watch, very quickly.

Danny may not be "pure trials" but his style is great to watch - perhaps he's not as powerful as TRA, Damon, whoever, but his videos are 10 times more appealing to watch. Sure, big power moves are impressive, but once you've seen one 400" sidehop you've seen them all.

I'm not trying to brown nose Danny, but his videos are by far the most watchable videos on the net (And I mean watchable more than once) - his style reminds me of the old trials kings videos.

TGS may be fun to do, but it's created a million shitty videos.

Yeah thats another thing about Danny is his videos are great to watch and always have something different. I mean, Damon does a big sidehop one video and everybody is like 'woah', then one more inch and everybody is like 'WOW BIGGEST EVER', but Danny Mac does all these spinny things off buildings that look cool and does different things each video, and has a unique style. I take back the Damon thingy, Danny's style and videos are better, but Damon is better at TGS.

[/DannyvsTGS]

damon is gay at proper trials

proper trials is mastered by people with gay short short and lycra aka gilles coustellier, kenny belaey and and co

damon is good at jumping far and butchered is bike and wheels

this forum is soooo lame :closedeyes:

still havent seen anyone on a bmx do that sort of move on that sort of terrain haha, etc...

Angry Mark is angry.

What makes Macaskill better than a lot of riders for me is how innovative his riding is, Damon's pretty much all about "I'm f**king huge, watch me gap this football stadium", which is impressive in itself, yet slightly worn by his previous vids as they're pretty much same-y, whereas Danny sees a location, and sets off thinking about the crazy shit he can do, yet he has the skill to pull it off.

Although Macaskill pretty much shadows all other trials riders in the mainstream, which is f**king annoying when you see Tunny doing his thing on Youtube, and then some illiterate f**ktard has posted "oh m8 u think dis is gud serch dany macskill in da serch bar and wach his vidz yh hes wel sik yh. skill bi naym skill bi naycher yh."

Also, watching Watson becomes tiresome for me at times, granted, he undoubtedly has skill, it's just a struggle to fully watch his videos as you know what's going to happen, but people like Ben Rowlands have vids out in which the stuff is nowhere near as big, but the riding's creative and smooth, and I constantly find myself wanting to watch more of their stuff.