Winter Glove Recomendations?

Bigman

[/thread]

there's bound to be somewhere online with sensible sizes in stock.

I've got some of those, although mine look slightly different so perhaps they've changed the design. So, taken with a pinch of salt, I don't think I'd rate them. Firstly the padding on the palm is way too thick - not such a problem for commuting I guess but still annoying. Secondly, and infuriatingly, the inner liner is only connected with the outer glove at the cuff. If you take them off in a hurry, the inner liner will turn inside-out and it's near-impossible to get back in the right position. Grrr.

Well, I like mine. It's personal preference at the end of the day, I guess.

Edit: The thickness probably doesn't bother me as much because I've not got any brake or gear levers to fiddle with. Just a case of holding onto the bars. They're quite nice for that.

Edited by NVWOCI WVS

For wind proof I highly reccomend the The North Face Pamir Windstoppers. They're not designed as biking gloves, but they're very warm, completly wind proof and pretty good on the grip. Bare in mind they're NOT water proof

I cant reccomend a water proof pair as I dont have one Im afraid. Theyre are a few seal skinz ones about but they're not my cup of tea to be honest....

My view on the water-proof gloves is similar to that of waterproof socks.

Chances are on your commute you'll sweat, and due to the lack of breathable material your hands/feet will just stew instead.

Id rather wet hands through a good soaking than from sweaty palms.

However, that kinda just covers the wet and not the fact that as winter progresses it get bloody cold.

My way, same as always, put on some latex gloves under your normal gloves. Yes your hands will sweat quite badly, but at least you'l be able to feel 'em.

Or ignore the bike and drive that swanky-b*****d Audi of yours. (Y)

Edited by kyddie

Id rather wet hands through a good soaking than from sweaty palms.

My way, same as always, put on some latex gloves under your normal gloves. Yes your hands will sweat quite badly, but at least you'l be able to feel 'em.

Nice self contradiction there ;)

Nice self contradiction there ;)

Yeh thats why i kept them to differing paragraphs. In just rain (not too cold) id rather just wet hands.

Wet and/or freezing mornings i'd deal with the sweaty hands to keep the feeling in them, should've made that clearer in my first post