Weird Phone App Vid For Trials

JackMeek

Sorry, but that was lacking.

I think A* for effort for the guys who did this for a school project. With a Budget and graphics team and ect. This could be a crazy idea made to look real for any sport. Video projection on a object against anything that looks like it can be ridden. This phone app could be what people could learn from.

I think A* for effort for the guys who did this for a school project. With a Budget and graphics team and ect. This could be a crazy idea made to look real for any sport. Video projection on a object against anything that looks like it can be ridden. This phone app could be what people could learn from.

I imagine…

…the technology needed to create anything like that would never get enough funding for trials.

No one would spend that much money on projecting trials riders onto objects that require 3D inspection (projecting stuff onto a flat surface is simple, but in trials you'd obviously need awareness of depth to place a rider on top of a wall as opposed to onto the side of it). It's essentially a hologram.

Also, I'm not aware of any phones with inbuilt projectors…

The video was lacking, we created it from scratch in 2 days.

The editing guy also managed to pick the most boring clips. I'm also suffering from a back injury in the clip and didn't have a ride for 2 months or so :(

The idea was as followed:

A website where people can upload/link their video's from a specific spot, people could challenge other riders on that spot by making a video on the exact same location whilst trying to beat the performance. There would be a rating system where the community would decide which rider had the best performance at a specific spot. An overall ranking for each rider would be created from this.

The video had to impliment this idea in the distant future. The video's on the website could be shown in the enviroment as a hologram, allowing the riding to get a more realistic feel of what they could challenge.

I think it's a pretty nice idea, but the class never gave enough room to actually build the website.

Concept screenshot for the website:

(screen taken down to prevent stealing)

Edited by omgnoseat

I imagine…

…the technology needed to create anything like that would never get enough funding for trials.

No one would spend that much money on projecting trials riders onto objects that require 3D inspection (projecting stuff onto a flat surface is simple, but in trials you'd obviously need awareness of depth to place a rider on top of a wall as opposed to onto the side of it). It's essentially a hologram.

Also, I'm not aware of any phones with inbuilt projectors…

So what are you trying to say?

Nice idea. Sadly we haven't yet worked out how to tell light to pretend it's hitting something solid when it isn't.

I like the other idea further down the thread. It could start out as just a way to review trialsy locations with other users of the app. It could then serve appropriately tagged photos/videos from twitpic, flickr etc for a given location. It could be a relatively straightforward HTML5, Google Maps API and database affair, usable on any decent smartphone.

Hell, I might even make an app like this when I get some time.

The video was lacking, we created it from scratch in 2 days.

The editing guy also managed to pick the most boring clips. I'm also suffering from a back injury in the clip and didn't have a ride for 2 months or so :(

The idea was as followed:

A website where people can upload/link their video's from a specific spot, people could challenge other riders on that spot by making a video on the exact same location whilst trying to beat the performance. There would be a rating system where the community would decide which rider had the best performance at a specific spot. An overall ranking for each rider would be created from this.

The video had to impliment this idea in the distant future. The video's on the website could be shown in the enviroment as a hologram, allowing the riding to get a more realistic feel of what they could challenge.

I think it's a pretty nice idea, but the class never gave enough room to actually build the website.

Concept screenshot for the website:

opdracht3.jpg

I take back what i said about it lacking, this has had a lot of thought gone into it, and i apologize for jumping to conclusions.

So what are you trying to say?

That it's so currently feasible that you might as well include an app to instantly transport you to each location to save you walking between them.

I like the idea of a video based game of 'horse' spread over a map and voted by other users. That certainly wouldn't be too out of the question for current tech to produce.

Thanks for the positive replies, I might actually try to realise this for a different school project. Doing it out of school will consume too much time, unless people are willing to donate :rolleyes:

I do posess all the necesarry skills to develop this though :)

Hell, I might even make an app like this when I get some time.

I'm not sure if I appreciate it if you take my idea :unsure:

Anyone curious about the results, I got a 8/10 for both the website concept and the video.

The app was never meant to be realistic, we just had to get creative and create a flashy concept for the video.

I'm sad that we couldn't shoot any quality footage because of my injury though :(

Edited by omgnoseat