Does Anyone Else Here Also Ride Motorcycle Trials?

trials27

Afternoon,

Just wondering how many people on here also compete in motorcycle trials?

It actually amazes me how much i can take from my cycle trials bike to my motorcycle trials bike?

If so what bike do you ride and what club do you ride in?

Cheers

Edited by trials27
  • Like 1

Afternoon,

It actually amazes me how much i can take from my cycle trials bike to my motorcycle trials bike?

Cheers

I've dabbled a couple of times, but honestly didn't enjoy it as much as the cycle side so never bought a bike. Main reason for replying though is to say nice to see someone take the advice given to them - you get a vote from me.

I've dabbled a couple of times, but honestly didn't enjoy it as much as the cycle side so never bought a bike. Main reason for replying though is to say nice to see someone take the advice given to them - you get a vote from me.

cheers mate

wasnt the best way to introduce myself:)

Afternoon,

Cheers

I ride motorbike trials as well. I ride an 04 Sherco 80cc (Looking to upgrade to a 125 or 200). I'm in the East Neuk Wobblers club, and the Montrose and District. Both in Scotland. Have a vote man.

I ride motorbike trials as well. I ride an 04 Sherco 80cc (Looking to upgrade to a 125 or 200). I'm in the East Neuk Wobblers club, and the Montrose and District. Both in Scotland. Have a vote man.

Cheers mate

The sherco 125 is very good for a 125 but id have a gas gas as i do love them :)

I've riding motorcycle trials all my life, and still do it alot!!

Ride for johnshirt gasgas uk now but have been with john lampkin beta and malcolm rathmell sport sherco.

Love the sport but its a shame theres really no money in motorcycle trials!!!! 18 years of high level trials i've been doing and can honestly say i've made nothing really, 6times scottish champion now and the first ever scot to hold a british trials title winning the british expert A class this year. I do put alot of this down to where i live and being scottish, i just can't find sponsors in my area even with all the titles i hold. never mind i still love it and will carry on to do so for many year, just taking up cycle trials last month after along time away and i think its mega, plan to keep at it and do afew wee road trips, i like the stock better than mod because of the motorcycle back round, feel more confident on the bigs wheels plus the style is closer aswell, ie hitting the front for steps etc.

ride for lochaber motorcycle club and also i'm a sacu trials coach if anyones needs some 1to1 or group lessons!!

maybe some one can teach me how to ride a pushbike lol.

cheers garymac

also gave you a vote mate,.

Edited by gary-mac

yer i have been riding motorcycle trials a while and i ride a 125 beta and ride with the surrey and hampshire clubs

and your right ive only just started getting into cycle trials and i have taken stuff from which i have learnt on cycle into motorcycles and from motorcycles onto cycle

I rode for about 4-5yrs when I was young, stopped at about the age of 15yrs, was getting really annoyed and wasnt progressing at all. Got into Bike Trials. But now am desperate to get back on a motorbike.

I had a 2005 Scorpa SY250 and my dad had a 2007 Scorpa SY250. Such awesome bikes. I want an orange one!

I rode for about 4-5yrs when I was young, stopped at about the age of 15yrs, was getting really annoyed and wasnt progressing at all. Got into Bike Trials. But now am desperate to get back on a motorbike.

I had a 2005 Scorpa SY250 and my dad had a 2007 Scorpa SY250. Such awesome bikes. I want an orange one!

Hello

Yer the new scorpa is orange the 2011 model such a nice bike recentrly rode it at the BVM test day

I rode until recently a gasgas jtr 380 & had loads of fun riding around my local area. I used to ride the Flappitts nr Keighley , Addingham moorside & the local track at Catlow bottoms which is just around the corner from my house. The only reason i gave up was because the bike was knackered i'd had it since new & it needed a a large amount of work to put right.

It was a toss up between another motorbike trials or a cycle trials & i choose cycle trials because it was cheaper & with 4 motorbikes already in the shed i think a fith would be pushing it with SWMBO.

Simon.

Just got back from a motorcycle trial near Mortenhampstead devon!

Loving my riding at the moment i ride on 10 beta evo 300 4 banger with a straight through pipe awesome roar! i've had a cycle trials bike for ages but its in need in TLC hence joining trials forum for advice. Want to keep my balance in check during the weeks and think cycle trials is the best option especially with the awesome street stuff available in Cardiff. Funny to see people like Gary and Robin on these threads (awesome riders). Looking forward to seeing an ossa soon!

sam

Been riding since 1978 on and off. Going to ride twin shock for a change in next years Scottish champs on a TY175 that was my forth trials bike in 1980. It was sold and I bought it back in a box a couple of years ago.

We will be out next Sunday with both types of trials bikes, so some of the non engined riders can have a go. Cant ride the non engined ones very well but your never to old to give it a go.

Been riding since 1978 on and off. Going to ride twin shock for a change in next years Scottish champs on a TY175 that was my forth trials bike in 1980. It was sold and I bought it back in a box a couple of years ago.

We will be out next Sunday with both types of trials bikes, so some of the non engined riders can have a go. Cant ride the non engined ones very well but your never to old to give it a go.

Do you ride with east neuk wobblers kevin?

Hi David,

Yup rode last weekend at the Gifford one. First one in a few years but intend to do scottish twin shock champs next year and some of the east nuek ones as it was a great ride round on me old blinged twin shock. I saw your name in the results.]

Hi David,

Yup rode last weekend at the Gifford one. First one in a few years but intend to do scottish twin shock champs next year and some of the east nuek ones as it was a great ride round on me old blinged twin shock. I saw your name in the results.]

cool, hopefully see you at a few of them. only two left this year. It's super muddy now :(

I've been interested in motorcycle trials as well, but seeing as i'm just getting into bike trials I figure I would see how I like it first before I considered picking one up. The problem is where I live there really isn't much in the way of places for motorcycle trials to take place. I'd love to go watch them sometime!

I've ridden motorbike trials for 28 years mostly on a sidecar sponsored by Malcolm rathmell sherco. Also competed in bike trials since 1981 but now send time taking Adam to the biketrial events.

You'll have to make one Gary-mac not seen you for ages!

hi robin how are you? yeah its been awile, i would love to do afew british or what ever ccle trials there is. be good just to see what its like. i'm not very good at the moment but learning fast!