Compition Preperation

Franksx2005

Right lads goin to my first comp tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can give me advice on what to take, what to wear ect ect.

obviously bike tools helmet! but what else.

Thanks in advance

take thermals and have some gloves, because you can be stood around alot waiting to do the section.

And some spare clothes in case off water sections !

Right lads goin to my first comp tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can give me advice on what to take, what to wear ect ect.

obviously bike tools helmet! but what else.

Thanks in advance

Wear-tracksuit bottoms,tee-shirt and jumper with gloves or shorts and leggins with a jumper

do not wear jeans

Make sure you have plenty of food and drink,i would say 1:3 orange juice is good

i always take any spare parts if you have any it would be a good idea

thanks for the replys. not too many spare parts im afraid, but i will bring what i have. im not a fan of jeans so thats all good. and got plenty of food and drink so i think im set!

Cheers for the replys, anything else peeps?

Main thing is to chill about it, and make sure it's a laugh on your first go. By all means take it seriously after that, but no need for the first time! You will be a lot worse than you expect you'll be, that's inevitable in my experience, so just roll with it and learn from it. What you haven't remembered to take you can either do without or borrow on the day (Y)

Good luck!

Main thing is to chill about it, and make sure it's a laugh on your first go. By all means take it seriously after that, but no need for the first time! You will be a lot worse than you expect you'll be, that's inevitable in my experience, so just roll with it and learn from it. What you haven't remembered to take you can either do without or borrow on the day (Y)

Good luck!

Thank you, sounds like some good advice. Im not expecting to do well, just a taste for next year.

Take some weights so you can warm up beforehand, drink 5 - 8 protein shakes on the day, wear a wife beater. Make sure you look as jacked as possible.

Excellent advice! lol

haha, i like mr woods comment. but the weights is a good idea, or do some push ups before you start the comp just to get the blood flowing ;)

remember blackpool a few years ago? I doubt working out before that would have helped.... Infact Chris Jones was so hungover he threw up!

Keep warm and take WATERPROOFS! Relax and bloody enjoy it! If you don't do as well as you hoped who gives a shit. So long as you had fun thats seriously all that matters.

I remember a hookwoods once the first move in one section was up and hill and over a tree stump. Instead of the slow approach, I decided to get a massive run up before the start gate and try and bunnyhop over it! It didn't work :(

Really enjoyed it, even if it was -5* and everything was mega slippery.

I could see the improvement throughout the day on each round which was good. Its amazin how one little mistake can turn a clean section into a 5!

All in all i loved ity and cant wait till the new season.

Thank you all for some useful advice.

Really enjoyed it, even if it was -5* and everything was mega slippery.

I could see the improvement throughout the day on each round which was good. Its amazin how one little mistake can turn a clean section into a 5!

All in all i loved ity and cant wait till the new season.

Thank you all for some useful advice.

def mate was a great day apart from the cold and nice to meet new riders just a pitty my break kept freezing through out the day even with antifreeze mix oil it is then lol. gave me a good heads up for next season and what i need to change.

def mate was a great day apart from the cold and nice to meet new riders just a pitty my break kept freezing through out the day even with antifreeze mix oil it is then lol. gave me a good heads up for next season and what i need to change.

Edited by dannytrialskid

Good luck!

great advice (Y)

on my first ( and only) comp , i was too serious about it and nervous .. i also thought i would do really well ( i didn't ;) ) but i still enjoyed it and want to go to loads more next year :)

• Like 1

barrow comp was a really good day.shame i smacked my knee on my stem on the end of lap 2 which resulted in me not being able to put and weight on it which obviosly let to four 5s on last lap :( ,bit gutted as had only a few fives up til then .but there we go these things happen.it was so cold and mega slippery in places which cought you out before you realised what had happened :blink:

barrow comp was a really good day.shame i smacked my knee on my stem on the end of lap 2 which resulted in me not being able to put and weight on it which obviosly let to four 5s on last lap :( ,bit gutted as had only a few fives up til then .but there we go these things happen.it was so cold and mega slippery in places which cought you out before you realised what had happened :blink:

Was you on the gu?

i do indeed :D ,didnt get any arm pump with the 2011s used to get loads with old ones

I was the kid staring at them for ages lol. I thought my ones broke today, but they didn't luckily enough, I was having a good old look, because i was going to get them if mine broke.

Had to go round on Richards Sexy Silver Limey 320 in the end lol.

Edited by dannytrialskid
  • Like 1

I remember you, i was on the red speedrace 26"

I was the kid staring at them for ages lol. I thought my ones broke today, but they didn't luckily enough, I was having a good old look, because i was going to get them if mine broke.

Had to go round on Richards Silver Limey 320 in the end lol.

I also remember you too, its good to put names to faces.

Edited by Franksx2005