20" Trials Tyre For The Rear Of Onza T-Bird

will69

Hello lovely Trials-Forum members,

Basically I am keen to get back into trials in Swansea after a long break BMXing and Downhilling.

I have an Onza T-Bird LE which I cannot afford to replace and actually does the job ok. The only problem is the rear tyre is bald and I need a new one. HOWEVER, it's a true 20" BMX wheel and not a 19" trials wheel. This means that the only tyres that will fit is one for the front of a Mod.

So my question is: Are there any true 20 inch tyres that would be manly enough and fat enough for rear use in trials???

(And no, I can't stretch a 19" one to fit! Even with metal tyre levers and fairy liquid!)

Thanks in advance for your time :-)

Will

There are a lot of tyres that you can use depends on how much you want to spend I recomoend Try all sticky 20" here is a link where you can view all the options in the trials market http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/20_inch_tyres/c42.html

Thats very useful, thankyou :-)

However, all those tyres are front specific and therefore very light with thin sidewalls, I wondered if there might be a more beefy 20" tyre or perhaps even a rear specific one.

I'm fed up of getting pinch flats from using BMX tyres!

Cheers,

Will

Thats very useful, thankyou :-)

However, all those tyres are front specific and therefore very light with thin sidewalls, I wondered if there might be a more beefy 20" tyre or perhaps even a rear specific one.

I'm fed up of getting pinch flats from using BMX tyres!

Cheers,

Will

I used to run a maxxis max daddy on the back of my bmx / trials bike hybrid thingy. not too bad from what i recall.

Ben

There not sticky at all....

Your much better off getting a Maxxis 20" or the Dimondback tire which is slightly wider and only £12

used to ride with thease, quite liked them to be honest. not as sticky as the name suggests though.

go with a maxxis max daddy.... definatly. had one on my bmx for years.

I run a 20" wheel out of choice. But i ride street and haven't touched rocks in a long time. I run an Animal ASM foldable bmx tyre in 2.1". Maybe not any use to you? But since i've been riding the bike i've not had a pinch or puncture yet. It's also a real soft compound with relatively thick sidewalls. IMO shit for actual bmx because it's soo slow but great for how i'm using it. 550grams true weight.

Or a Tryall with a tube or two wrapped around the tube that's pumped up?

You could take a look into some bmx dirt tyres. The old Fly Ruben may be worth a shout if you can find it. Not sure how the newer models hold up.

I run a 20" wheel out of choice. But i ride street and haven't touched rocks in a long time. I run an Animal ASM foldable bmx tyre in 2.1". Maybe not any use to you? But since i've been riding the bike i've not had a pinch or puncture yet. It's also a real soft compound with relatively thick sidewalls. IMO shit for actual bmx because it's soo slow but great for how i'm using it. 550grams true weight.

Or a Tryall with a tube or two wrapped around the tube that's pumped up?

You could take a look into some bmx dirt tyres. The old Fly Ruben may be worth a shout if you can find it. Not sure how the newer models hold up.

Thanks all i really appreciate the advice.

I'm thinking probably a front Maxxis creepy crawler as it's the heaviest front trials tyre. However I will def have a look at the animal ASM.

Thanks guys!