Marino 26Inch Street Frame

Brettoll

I can't wait to touch it inappropriately. :shifty:

Ha ha!

Like this..

Also can't wait to see your new bits and bobs on your echo....infact I am just looking forward to having the weather clear and going out riding (once the frame arrives). Feels like ages since we last actually rode.

If I want to go in a straight line then yes, I agree lower bb would be better.

As for Lance and co, sure they are good, but so was Giles Coust and Vince Hermance when they rode level bb frames (thought the best geo at the time). I am pretty sure a level bb frame would hold them back for a lot of stuff now, I predict dirt and street frames will eventually get higher/shorter backends as riders finally realize there is a reason why bmxs are like that.

(and yes I do realize I am comparing two different sports, but the point remains)

While I am on about bmxs, lets look at the geos of the different types.

Race bmxs need to be stable at speed and in the air, they have no need for spins so their frames are usually longer in wheelbase and chainstays as well as a lower bb.

Dirt frames get slightly shorter for easier spins, but are still a bit longer to help stay stable when being a trailboss.

park and street frames get shorter wheelbases, shorter chainstays and high bbs to help with spins, they don't usually go as fast so don't need the extra stability.

Flatland, super short, super high, no need for stability when you only travel in circles.

The NS frames are a step in the right direction, but most people still use frames with geo also suitable for 4X (EG, Race bmx above). Perhaps people arn't ready for more radical geo much like trials didn't like high bbs when thy first came out, but once people realize the benefits I think it will be popular.

I agree with what your saying with regards to different geometries help with different styles of riding but like you said i'm not sure people who ride dirt jumping bikes would like or are ready for more radical geometries.

For me, one of the appeals of my dirt jumping/street/park bike is its 'swiss army knief' ability to do everything well but not excel in any one area. If you want a bike that can hack down a trail in the morning, hit the jumps at lunch time, shred the skate park in the afternoon and ride street in the evening there is going to have to be a comprise somewhere. In my opinion raising the bb height to help with spins seems to compromise the bike in some many other areas.

Maybe there is a gap in the market for it but i'm not sure? With events like the nissan qashqai challange and all the slopestyle comps there are now which promote the uniting of all the different riding styles, the requirement for a 'do it all' bike seem pretty strong.

Ha ha!

Like this..

Also can't wait to see your new bits and bobs on your echo....infact I am just looking forward to having the weather clear and going out riding (once the frame arrives). Feels like ages since we last actually rode.

I cant wait to put my new bits on my echo. shiney shiney. We might have to go riding in the snow!

Yeah I think a snow ride might be in order!

Just waiting for the ok to pay up the final payment to Marino so I can actually get the frame before any of that happens.....

Took him a little longer than quoted but hopefully he can come up trumps and send it asap as im itching to ride now.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Does that paint finish have an irradeccent shine to it?

It does, it is a mirrored black paint finish which will look sweet!!

Might have to strip and repaint my forks so they match.

Edited by Brettoll