Couple More Questions Onza Spyro

Smifee

First of all... I'm a bit of a tart when it comes to my bikes and stuff and have ordered some new bits without thinking first.. Got a new seat comin but as the origanal mini seat has a rivited seat post gonna need a new post.. Measuring the origanal one gives me 23.8 however the only ones i can find are 25.4.. Anyone else tried to change the seat on one ??? Can it be done by just buyin a seat post?? Have i got to fabricate something to fit??

2ndly.... I'm new to trials and have been practising tricks outa Martyn Ashton's Tricks and techniques... But when i try wheel hops he says to pull a wheelie and stop it flippin with the brake but mine just let me slip straight off the back... I don't really wanna grind the rims are there any pads or tips to gettin the brakes workin better on a standard rim ???

Cheers Smifee...

i thought you were gunna buy some Tnn LGMs from what you were saying in NMC? They will help significantly though or some heatsink yellow or snowies. With regards to the seatpost i think custom is the only option, most trials frames ie, rockman,inspired, because, ashton ect, have adopted the 27.7mm post and 31.8 clamp combo.

Just brought some second hand pads but didn't wanna fork out £30 on pads till i could actually do any tricks didn't realise the brakes were so critical....

Will look into modding the mini seat post for now then just waitin for my seat to come now then...

Cheers Guys....

Sound i got some avid speed 7 levers and some tnn's for the back comin and some boosters hopefully that should sort em out.. Think my main problem is i try to 1 finger brake so i can pull the bars harder can't get used to 2 finger brakin and hoppin or wheelie in .....

With the extra power from the brake pads 1 finger braking will be easier. I found a decent cable helps a bit too. I ran oddessy linear slick cables and gluged quite abit of 3in1 oil down inside the outer housing then slip the inner cable in, it makes them nice and light to pull and with a nice lever they were fantastic. But if your not wanting to spend more out on cables it will work with what you have

Just as well.

Edited by bender b rodreguez

Brakes are fairly crucial in my opinion, those pads + booster should help no end. Also i would definitely recommend grinding the rims. Those pads are designed for ground rims, as nearly everyone does it nowadays. Its not really expensive to get done, or you can do it yourself, but maybe if you only have 1 rim best get someone to do it incase you mess it up lol :P. Ground rims compared to polished is like riding on concrete compared to ice, i know which i would get more grip on :).

Edited by Jon Alty

And what happens when the grind goes dead? IMO you're just opening up a never ending stream of problems;

Grind goes dead - re-grind - rim flat spots because you've ground a rim that ain't suppost to be ground - brake goes crap because of all the flats - Change rim to rid the flats (incuring a cost) - Get wheel built by LBS which incurrs another cost (I'm assuming he can't build wheels by himself or doesn't know some-one who can) - re-grind - repeat cycle.

The TNN's will work fine regardless smooth or ground.

I was under the impression that on a v-brake it is all about the lever/cable/arms combo anyway.

Edited by CC12345678910

And what happens when the grind goes dead? IMO you're just opening up a never ending stream of problems;

Grind goes dead - re-grind - rim flat spots because you've ground a rim that ain't suppost to be ground - brake goes crap because of all the flats - Change rim to rid the flats (incuring a cost) - Get wheel built by LBS which incurrs another cost (I'm assuming he can't build wheels by himself or doesn't know some-one who can) - re-grind - repeat cycle.

The TNN's will work fine regardless smooth or ground.

I was under the impression that on a v-brake it is all about the lever/cable/arms combo anyway.

I'm sorry, but I cant agree, Grinding your rims is fairly standard practice, A good grind will last a long time, and a rim can be ground many, many times if done right... the best thing I heard is that your not removing any surface, just conditioning the surface.

Grind ***