New Brakes

Maladie

Well my two disc brakes on my Onza pro are kinda lacking in power a little bit, so i'm gonna' invest in a new set.

A new disc for the front (cable i think), and a hyrdo rim brake for the rear.

I was just wondering, which would be the best cable disc i could get for under £70, and the best rear hyrdo i can get for under £100?

And also, will these brakes you recommend me fit on a 2010 Onza pro without needing to buy anything elsee, and with the Magura, will i need an HS11 with Evo 2 adapters, or will an HS33 fit?

Cheers,

James

try a bb7 on the rear, you could easily move it to the front if it wasn't for you with minimal expense. i had a 203mm rotor when i rode 26" and it was a monstrous brake, you'd only need a 160mm for mod though(front or rear). awesome stopping power, and cables can't freeze :rolleyes:

Avid bb5 is a good choice with a Avid SD7 lever

Thanks mate, seems like a very good choice and at now too much of a price:)

i would get a hs33 for the rear and different pads other than standard. you don't need a adaptor. all you need to get is standard brake clamps.

Yeah i was thinking of getting some Echo TR pads (these would fit the HS33 yeah?),

and ahh cool, so am i right in thinking that i would only need to buy: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/hydraulic_rim_brakes/magura_hs33_black_with_olive_no_brake_clamps/c72p10796.html

and http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/brake_clamps/magura_hs33_4bolt_brake_clamps/c74p26.html to have a full working brake?

Thankss,

Okie dokie, thankyou :)

And if anyone else can answer this, how are Echo TR pads on smooth rims?

I heard they work great, but if there are better pads for an ungrinded rim out there thenn?

I dunno whether he's got any at the moment, but the member 'Ares' on here had some original Zoo pads which are working great for me on a smooth rim, and they were very reasonably priced too - might be worth chucking him a PM to see whether he's got some. He gets them from China or something where they are still making them, and if you haven't heard of them then they are a legendary pad (Y)

I dunno whether he's got any at the moment, but the member 'Ares' on here had some original Zoo pads which are working great for me on a smooth rim, and they were very reasonably priced too - might be worth chucking him a PM to see whether he's got some. He gets them from China or something where they are still making them, and if you haven't heard of them then they are a legendary pad (Y)

Ah okay mate, thankyou for that.

Yeah i've heard of the original ZOO's, i will PM him now :)

For disc, try find a second hand Hope Mono Trial for around £60.

Magura wise, Get a set of Heatsink yellows.

Amazing pads

I use to have a mono trial on my old bike, sold it with the brake still on thoughh.

Definately would like another, they just don't pop up that often, especially not for only £60 :P

Yeah i've ridden my mates ice a few times and he's running Heatsinks, they work great, but he has a pretty sharp grind so.

I use to have a mono trial on my old bike, sold it with the brake still on thoughh.

Definately would like another, they just don't pop up that often, especially not for only £60 :P

Yeah i've ridden my mates ice a few times and he's running Heatsinks, they work great, but he has a pretty sharp grind so.

they work great on smooth rims too if you get it set up well :)

Just ordered an Avid BB5 with SD7 lever and an Echo TR single brake today.

Should be here tomorrow :)

Was wondering how the Echo TR pads will perform on my stock Onza Pro rim, how long they will take to bed in and if they will be noisy or not?