Disk Brake

Jimbob 2705

Take ALL the old brake off the bike, including the adaptor. Bolt new BB5 in place, done :)

Do this, the previous adpator is not compatible with your new brake. Unbolt everything that is attached to the rear disc mount of you of your frame and bolt the new brake as it is, in it's place. You really can't go wrong. Trial and error is the worst you can do and it's not like you can brake anything really.

it just because that my old frame and brake and i used that +20 adapter with my hope mono mini with an IS mount A adapter ..

Yeah but that doesn't mean you had the correct post mount adaptor. If you were using a mount which was intended for a 160front/140rear you would need a +20 adaptor.

Thanks for all the help Guys! (Y)

Fitted it without the adapter but there is a problem :

As you can see in the photo, the disk does not want to sit straight in the brake. How can I fix this?

The only way I can think is fitting spacers which the one end is thicker then the other end.

Afraid the photo isn't the best, but you should be able to see what I mean.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

post-25927-0-18101300-1299018636_thumb.j

post-25927-0-37197900-1299018799_thumb.j

post-25927-0-42270500-1299018813_thumb.j

Edited by Jimbob 2705

if the wheel looks straight in the frame and the chain is tight then leave it.

what you need to do is loosen the two vertical bolts so the caliper can move about, spin the wheel fast and bring it to a stop using the brake (slowish stop), this will center the caliper on the rotor, with the lever still held in, tighten the two vertical bolts again. Hopefully the caliper is now straight to with the rotor, if not, loosen one bolt at a time and adjust by eye.

If it still rubs, use the adjustment dial to be as close to the rotor as possible without rubbing then back off the cable tension adjusters until the desired lever pull is achieved.