Trialtech Sport Rim.

matt.price

hey guys ,

i have the trialtech sport 26" rim with a grind.

but i always have to rely on tar to get a good hold, i've used rockman blues (plastic backrings) , tnn lgms , tnn belaeys and heatsink yellows in tnn backring.

but none have given a performance which satisfies me :( have echo tr clamps so pads are square , pads are about the same distance away. tar is only solution to get a good performance. oh and i have a 4 bolt booster. and ( i think) a good bleed ;)

what i'm asking is , anyone with this rim got a good performance out of it , and with what pads?

also , any tips to impove it.

cheers

matt

Hi

I found that i had a crappy brake When using a Trial tech sl 19",

Using TNN LGM's or Belaey and i know that is wasn't the pads as i was using the Belaey on an echo urban rim before, And they where working amazing as they do,

So i got a echo tr rim and they where working mint on that to so yeah i found that it was the rim, Pads just don't like it :ermm:

Only other thing maybe try a 2 bolt booster and put the booster on top of the clamps using smaller blots like in the pics

post-18818-0-59676600-1304780687_thumb.j

post-18818-0-85561200-1304780711_thumb.j

Hope this helps

Jamie

cheers for that jamie (Y)

did you ever find any pads that got along with it?

No worries

Unfortunately not :angry:

Was I bit gutted the Trial Tech rim look nice :( Just built a new rear wheel.

Echo SL rim on a speed race canbon hub :) Super light :P At only 786g :D should take my bike down to just under 8kg

Jamie

No worries

Unfortunately not :angry:

Was I bit gutted the Trial Tech rim look nice :( Just built a new rear wheel.

Echo SL rim on a speed race canbon hub :) Super light :P At only 786g :D should take my bike down to just under 8kg

Jamie

which ones did you try? wanna try at least one another pad before switching rims .

chhers

I am finding a similar problem with my atomz UN Elitis rim, only seems to hold a grind for a very short time using Rockman blues and TNN Belay pads which are some of the best performing pads on the market. The next step I am taking is to try some heat sink yellows as I used to use them on a tryall rim with a dead grind and found them to be awesome. New rim time if that dont work.

Has anybody else had problems with their trialtech rims not holding a grind? Because I have used a sport 26" rim and two SL 26" on the rear. I also have used two front square holed 26" rims from trialtech and I think they actually hold a grind amazingly!

I have also found out that TNN belaey eat the grind as they are pretty hard compound. I have used Coust! pads and Heatsink yellow pads. They are soft so maybe that changes things. I am now using try all Yellow pads because I got a deal with try-all. I received them today so I need to try them. They just need time to bed in but then we'll see if they eat the grind as they are hard compound.

Has anybody else had problems with their trialtech rims not holding a grind? Because I have used a sport 26" rim and two SL 26" on the rear. I also have used two front square holed 26" rims from trialtech and I think they actually hold a grind amazingly!

I have also found out that TNN belaey eat the grind as they are pretty hard compound. I have used Coust! pads and Heatsink yellow pads. They are soft so maybe that changes things. I am now using try all Yellow pads because I got a deal with try-all. I received them today so I need to try them. They just need time to bed in but then we'll see if they eat the grind as they are hard compound.

mine holds a grind good. but the performance just isn't there, is that heatsink cousts or 'real' cousts , rear or front? because there is some heatsink cousts for sale on here and i might snap them up if they're any good on a trialtech.

cheers for the help

I've also found that Trialtech rims are absolute rubbish for rims brakes, grind or even smooth.

I was running Plazmatic CRV's on the front on an old Echo Urban rim, with reverse mount forks and they were stupidly deadly. Built a new wheel to save weight and found that the new rim rendered my brake useless, didn't work at all even with a variety of grinds.

I bit the bullet and changed back to dual disc, not entirely happy though as my previous wheel gave me some ridiculous powerful braking.

mine holds a grind good. but the performance just isn't there, is that heatsink cousts or 'real' cousts , rear or front? because there is some heatsink cousts for sale on here and i might snap them up if they're any good on a trialtech.

cheers for the help

"real" cousts. But Heatsink and coust pads are the same compound so go for it!

Edited by Canardweb

The only pad I found that worked well on my TT Sport were Hs Yellows.

Im buying another set soon as my beleays eat the grind way to quickly.

The other thing I would suggest is buy the TNN LGMs or Belaeys and give it a VERY Harsh gind.

Will be chaning to an ECHO tr soon as they do them in fluro green to match my front.

Hold a grind 10x better than the trialtech

Edited by Echo Lite 09

The only pad I found that worked well on my TT Sport were Hs Yellows.

Im buying another set soon as my beleays eat the grind way to quickly.

The other thing I would suggest is buy the TNN LGMs or Belaeys and give it a VERY Harsh gind.

Will be chaning to an ECHO tr soon as they do them in fluro green to match my front.

Hold a grind 10x better than the trialtech

They Do 26" TR

and

19" TR

Jamie

I run a sport rear with a medium grind done in about february and a smooth front square hole and run HS yellows front and rear which both work like a dream. I did have LGM's on the rear when the grind was fresh but they soon lost there performance so I went back to the yellows.