My First Mod Project. Pic Heavy!

Carlperkins

Glad you got it sorted mate!

really sorry the threads were not great (N)

They honestly worked fine for me though i even tested it before i sent the frame. :ermm:

Edit: just seen it was the shop before that messed it up. >_<

Edited by charliemod

added a few new pics of the drive train all on.

all im waiting for now is a rotor and the front brake.

the front is also a hope mono trial, braided hose, red reservoir cap, red lever, black caliper pot and mono trial 160 rotor.

hope people like so far.

added a few new pics of the drive train all on.

all im waiting for now is a rotor and the front brake.

the front is also a hope mono trial, braided hose, red reservoir cap, red lever, black caliper pot and mono trial 160 rotor.

hope people like so far.

I mind you mentioning the weakness of the back brake, have you thought about getting stronger calipers? Maybe 4 or 6 piston? 2 pistons seemed a bit too weak to me on small rotors. Suppose its because there is less torque due to the size of the rotor and the braking surface being closer to the hub. I ended up putting the 6 piston clim8's off my old 4x bike onto my mod. i've never had brake slip since then, both wheels lock with the slightest pull of the levers despite the pads being worn to hell. Fyi, EBC Brakes still do pads for them. Of course here are newer 6 piston calipers available or even 4 pistons will be an improvement.

Edited by Deagon

I mind you mentioning the weakness of the back brake, have you thought about getting stronger calipers? Maybe 4 or 6 piston? 2 pistons seemed a bit too weak to me on small rotors. Suppose its because there is less torque due to the size of the rotor and the braking surface being closer to the hub. I ended up putting the 6 piston clim8's off my old 4x bike onto my mod. i've never had brake slip since then, both wheels lock with the slightest pull of the levers despite the pads being worn to hell. Fyi, EBC Brakes still do pads for them. Of course here are newer 6 piston calipers available or even 4 pistons will be an improvement.

NO. You don't need a 4-6 piston brake on a trials bike, let alone a mod. Mono trials can be a little temperamental, really sensitive to bleed and set up. So if not perfect they can feel poo.

Get it bled really well, spend some decent time making sure everything is square and spaced out correctly. It won't help that you've got that +20 adaptor on there. If it still feels squishy and poo it may need new seals all round.

NO. You don't need a 4-6 piston brake on a trials bike, let alone a mod. Mono trials can be a little temperamental, really sensitive to bleed and set up. So if not perfect they can feel poo.

Get it bled really well, spend some decent time making sure everything is square and spaced out correctly. It won't help that you've got that +20 adaptor on there. If it still feels squishy and poo it may need new seals all round.

My Hope Mono mini's (not Mono Trial) kept slipping at inopportune times with red high friction pads... F.160mm R.140mm with no adapters. Then again i am a big lad. :$

Edited by Deagon

My Hope Mono mini's (not Mono Trial) kept slipping at inopportune times with red high friction pads... F.160mm R.140mm with no adapters. Then again i am a big lad. :$

There's a lot of big lads who run Monos of all types and have no problems - your setup is to blame and not the amount of pistons. Those are pretty small rotors for a big guy I'd say...

There's a lot of big lads who run Monos of all types and have no problems - your setup is to blame and not the amount of pistons. Those are pretty small rotors for a big guy I'd say...

Yeah probably was the rotors size, I didnt want to risk using larger rotor's for fear of bending under backward braking. Same setup with the clim8's works perfect for me on my mod and the mono's have no issue on my (now sold) 4x bike and 203mm rotors.

Anyway, i feel as though i've been misunderstood. I never said get different calipers or advised he do that. I merely voiced my opinion on the matter and gave my past experiences with correctly bled and set 2 piston brakes with small assed disks. Quoting myself ---> "2 pistons seemed a bit too weak to me on small rotors."

i've bled it according to the hope guide and rolled on the diaphragm etc, i thought it was pretty good but i may get tarty's to do it soon.

anther problem i have is that the mount has been faced and i dont think its 100% straight, when its all bolted on the caliper will pull the rotor away from the wheel (bending it) so ive had to stick some spacers in to move the caliper in to the wheel a little, the rotor is pretty well in between the pads etc.

i guess it must be the bleed, the brake holds the wheel very well, its just the lever has to come in a long way before it grabs it.

i've bled it according to the hope guide and rolled on the diaphragm etc, i thought it was pretty good but i may get tarty's to do it soon.

anther problem i have is that the mount has been faced and i dont think its 100% straight, when its all bolted on the caliper will pull the rotor away from the wheel (bending it) so ive had to stick some spacers in to move the caliper in to the wheel a little, the rotor is pretty well in between the pads etc.

i guess it must be the bleed, the brake holds the wheel very well, its just the lever has to come in a long way before it grabs it.

Sorry seems i misunderstood before. I agree with you, it seems like the bleed maybe there is air in the pipe or not enough fluid.

Thats how you usually adjust mono trial's, with spacers. (Y)