4-Bolt Mount Forks

STEVE-0

26 members have voted

1. 1. Best 4-Bolt forks on the market? Please consider cost, strength, weight etc

Hi Guys,

Looking for some 4 bolt mount forks. Picked the top three models IMO. Tarty only have the Rockman spade in stock...so do I wait or just pay the little extra.

Cheers,

Steve-o x

Edited by STEVE-0

Hi Guys,

Looking for some 4 bolt mount forks. Picked the top three models IMO. Tarty only have the Rockman spade in stock...so do I wait or just pay the little extra.

Cheers,

Steve-o x

wait and get trialtechs, slightly heavier but seriously strong. great forks

I rang tarty yesterday to ask about stock so have all the answers my friend!

Try-all forxx (the ones i really wanted) Great geo and weight but will not be back in stock any time soon and maybe not at all. Some rumors about them developing some new ones. Jack Carthy has been snapping them in 2weeks!

Trialtechs - Mega strong and long lasting, but heavy and too bike geo-altering for me. They are just too long IMO, and 45mm rake? No please

Rockmans - I ordered a pair 20mins ago :) 850g for the 4-bolt versions (extra weight from the booster) Nice geo, mega-stiff but have heard of them snapping at the steerer join.

For some bikes the Trialtechs geo will be perfect but for my Slate 3 they just push the WB out a little too far for my liking.

Polls like this annoy me a little. Unless you've had the chance to ride all three forks and be competent enough to give a decent judgement on them, then how is X rider able give an answer? They can only give their view/opinion on the forks they have used, whether it be a good/bad experience. And how many people have used all three of these??

wait and get trialtechs, slightly heavier but seriously strong. great forks

Why should he wait? "Great forks"? Are the Rockmans not great too?

Are the Rockmans not great too?

not as great as Trialtechs.

4-bolt forks WILL snap, most of them quite soon if you like hooks and gaps to front, but the Trialtechs are EEEEASILY the strongest and should last quite a long time. an extra 5mm in wheelbase is pretty much unoticable.

I think at the back of my mind I've always wanted a set a trialtech forks as I have disk only ones now. Just means I'm waiting until August which is milessssss away.

Is it just me but are Tarty out of stock on nearly 50% or the items listed on their website (N) ...

Is it just me but are Tarty out of stock on nearly 50% or the items listed on their website (N) ...

It's nowhere near that figure, but we are having stock issues with some items at the moment. The problem is that nearly all of our suppliers are out of stock of important items (such as Trialtech of 4-Bolt forks), and/or VERY slow in getting stuff to us. It's not uncommon for us to wait over 2 months for an order, from placing it to delivery. 6 weeks tends to be a 'fast' delivery time from our overseas-based suppliers. Trying to estimate stock for such a long time in what is a very 'sporadic' market can be tricky. Trust me, we aren't trying to be out of stock of stuff!

Back on topic - the poll says it all.

Polls like this annoy me a little. Unless you've had the chance to ride all three forks and be competent enough to give a decent judgement on them, then how is X rider able give an answer? They can only give their view/opinion on the forks they have used, whether it be a good/bad experience. And how many people have used all three of these??

Why should he wait? "Great forks"? Are the Rockmans not great too?

I've only stated that trialtechs are great forks because IMO they are!! 8months getting hammerd and still going this is why i think he should wait! Am not saying the other makes are U.S hence why i have not recommended any other fork because as you have said how can any one give a answer if they don't know first hand, All i have heard is good things about the TT forks and yet to hear or see apair snap. Rockmans could be good but i don't know.