Brake Boosters

Joshm1991

Hi

I'm wanting to purchase a brake booster for my M.A.D Phase 1.2 because I have noticed a bit of frame flex but I dont know what will work or fit it?? I'm only wanting to put it on the rear brakes as there isnt much flex on the forks so I can wait a bit before doing the front!!

The rough measurement is about 93 mm from the center of the bolt holes. If it helps, i'm using Magura HS33 brakes.

Cheers

Joosh

im no expert as I am still to get one my self

as you have hs33's not v brake you need a 4 bold.. .pretty sure im rite, some 1 correct me please if im wrong

as long as you have your measurement

every one i know with a brake booster has at least one of thses:

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/4bolt_boosters/c3.html

nice to get another opinion, just thought id try and help as no one has replied yet

If you look at brake boosters on tartybikes, in the descrition somewhere it will say something like this.

90-110mm spacing (centre-to-centre of bolt holes).

If the spaceing of your brake mounts (center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole on the opposite side) fit between the minimum and maximum spacing for the booster then the booster will fit your frame.

I haven't had a go on a phase M.A.D before but I imagion they aren't the stiffest of frame, so I would get a 4-bolt booster if I were you. I know from experience that the Tensile 4-bolt booster is a very stiff, cheap booster. I have been using one for ages now as I like my brake to feel as solid as possible. It will fit your bike aswell if your measurement are correct.

Edited by Mikee

If you look at brake boosters on tartybikes, in the descrition somewhere it will say something like this.

If the spaceing of your brake mounts (center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole on the opposite side) fit between the minimum and maximum spacing for the booster then the booster will fit your frame.

I haven't had a go on a phase M.A.D before but I imagion they aren't the stiffest of frame, so I would get a 4-bolt booster if I were you. I know from experience that the Tensile 4-bolt booster is a very stiff, cheap booster. I have been using one for ages now as I like my brake to feel as solid as possible. It will fit your bike aswell if your measurement are correct.

Yup, tensile brake booster fits on a MAD, I had one.

Hi

I'm wanting to purchase a brake booster for my M.A.D Phase 1.2 because I have noticed a bit of frame flex but I dont know what will work or fit it?? I'm only wanting to put it on the rear brakes as there isnt much flex on the forks so I can wait a bit before doing the front!!

The rough measurement is about 93 mm from the center of the bolt holes. If it helps, i'm using Magura HS33 brakes.

Cheers

Joosh

Hi there josh, sorry to go off topic but what do you think of your 1.2? Ive just had mine 2 days, noticed anythin wrong with it? or right? :giggle:

Hey

Will i've only had mine about 3 weeks now and i've had more trouble than its worth!! :P When i took it out the box to build it, the gear shifter's cable was the wrong way round the frame so i had to take all one side off the bars to correct it. Then when I took it out for a spin, the cranks kept working loose so I put some loctite on and tightened them up BAR tight!! and they still work loose occasinlly. Then, after all that, i took it out agin and was doing no more than 5 MPH and the chain snapped!! :S dont get me wrong its not a bad bike for the price just its very fragile!!

Hope this has helped!!

Joosh

• 2 weeks later...

ive just fitted the tensile 4 bolt on my 1.2 even after a couple of pedal kicks round the garden to make sure everything was ok it felt better could be a mental thing or just no flex but the difference is amazing standing still squeezing the brake before the frame flexxed like a biatch now none whatsoever

To anyone with brake boosters, are they worth it?

Cheers.

(I've got a MAD phase 1.1)

Essential.

I've got one on my 1.3 and the difference is fenomenal..brake is ultra stiff now..before half of the lever pull was just flexing the frame..also a frame that flexes risks breaking ;)

Edited by Tioz