Just A Quickie About My New Eno

craigmatthews17

Just brought a white industries eno freewheel 18t? i was reccomended this from a friend. only problem is i was running a 16t on the back and found that perfect, currently running a 22t on the front so what can i do about this problem... or will i get used to riding the 22/18

Gear ratio and number of engagement point are two different things.

Having 22t up front and a 16t freewheel gives you a gear ratio of 1.375. So if you have an 18t freewheel, to get that game gear ratio (to feel the same as before) you'd need a 24 or 25t cog up front. However, that seems a little too 'heavy' for stock gearing so you should probably try what you have out for now, and if you preferred the gearing like you had it before it wouldn't be too much effort changing the 22t cog for a 24t one.

(Y)

I no they are different things, what i was saying is ive gone from a shimano parralex hub to a eno freewheel so the change in that has made it feel a hell of a lot different and i can ride with a 18t instead of a 16t now...? maybe just in my head but feels fine = )