Gary-Mac The Mound

gary-mac

Hi guys, right i know i've banged afew vid's up but this is my last one for prob 3months or so, was a great weekend weather wise so i took the opportunity to take some clips of (The mound). Its a great place for natural trials when the weather good!

enjoy peeps

garymac

Kinda makes me want to be back in the Highlands. Do you still ride moto? Whereabouts are the Scottish championships held?

Hi pal, yeah motortrials is still my main sport for sure!! The scottish champs are all over the place really to be honest.

looking good, although I have noticed that perhaps your bars could do with being tilted back a bit. When riding it looks like the bar position is forcing you to ride with an "elbows out" style. rolling the bars back would bring the upper body into a slightly more natural position and could perhaps improve your riding.

I only mention this because you do seem quite keen on tips, so please don't take it as a negative comment.

If you watch these vids you can see they look a bit more relaxed and natural in the upper body positioning, and because of this I think it translates into more relaxed riding.

I hope it was yer bird that made the song choice on that one.

james your to good man!! it was the bird lmao.

looking good, although I have noticed that perhaps your bars could do with being tilted back a bit. When riding it looks like the bar position is forcing you to ride with an "elbows out" style. rolling the bars back would bring the upper body into a slightly more natural position and could perhaps improve your riding.

I only mention this because you do seem quite keen on tips, so please don't take it as a negative comment.

If you watch these vids you can see they look a bit more relaxed and natural in the upper body positioning, and because of this I think it translates into more relaxed riding.

Ali thanks very much, its the first thing i'll do tomorrow. Am after as many tips as possible as i have no one here to learn from!! I only just put those bars on last week and i thought i'd try them forward, i did find my sidehops are more difficuilt aswell as before i had them roled back and there was noprob. (Y)

Gary I can see you try hard to stop pumping. But still, you do pump too much on some of these clips! You get tired too fast man! Also you still don't take your time to make your move.

But I can clearly see you try to gain composure sometimes to settle into the next move. It looks nicer.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Canardweb

Gary I can see you try hard to stop pumping. But still, you do pump too much on some of these clips! You get tired too fast man! Also you still don't take your time to make your move.

But I can clearly see you try to gain composure sometimes to settle into the next move. It looks nicer.

Keep up the good work!

yeah am trying but afew days won't fix it but give me amonth and hopefully i should have it under control more!! I find am extremely fit because i do move way to much. Its funny as am really composed on the motor trials bike but i guess 18/19years of riding comps has help me along the way. I will work on it from now and really try think about each move. much appreciated though, all is taking on board!! Its all a learning curve (Y)

thanks

Great stuff Gary... really nice to see some natural riding. I guess as a moto trials rider (and an old git!) i just can't get that excited about concrete bashing vids.

What is the state of play on your moto riding? I believe you had an injury at the beginning of the season but are you back on the road again, or has the price of fuel just got too much to keep riding lower down in the UK at the national events.

Great stuff Gary... really nice to see some natural riding. I guess as a moto trials rider (and an old git!) i just can't get that excited about concrete bashing vids.

What is the state of play on your moto riding? I believe you had an injury at the beginning of the season but are you back on the road again, or has the price of fuel just got too much to keep riding lower down in the UK at the national events.

Hey up how are you, well you hit the nail on the head first shot! am back in action and still putting lots of effort into training and scottish champ rounds etc. Had a brilliant year in ssdt with a 5th and first non pro. I can't raise any funds to travel down south nomore, bought a house and had to grow up and try make a living. I won the kinlochleven british round by a long shot and will be down at brimham rocks at the next british round to give it a bash. The injury has fully recovered and causes noprobs.