Best Chain

Joshm1991

Hi

Thanks for the reply!! And yeah I posted on here a while back about the half link chain and all I got was bad rep about it.. plus it's making some noises as if it sorta streched a little so its not engaging properly!! :/ Dunno if its related to it but i'm getting shot of it anyways!!

Is this the same chain as you have??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KMC-Z610hx-RUST-FREE-singlespeed-HUB-GEAR-chain-3-32-/190520752005?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2c5bebf785

Thanks very much!! :)

Joosh

Hahaa spot on!! I'll buy that tomorrow then!!

I mean i've only just learned the basics of pedal kicking up curbs and little things so i'm not putting too much stress on it but I'm scared in case the chain does go again!! It's happened once before when I first got the bike and it wasn't a pleasant experience to say the least!! :D

Cheers bud!!

Joosh

Ayee I know mate!! Thats what I was trying to talk to you about tonight on facebook but I got no reply... :/

I wouldnt worry too much about it!! It'll get you away for now just I've had recommendations from my mate on BikeHut in Halfords and he even says half link is bad... Just thought while I've got the money, I'd get a new chain!! :) Hows yours coming along anyways?? Got the chain the right length now??

Joosh

I ran a halflink chain for a year. No problems, no snappages, nothing. It should be fine for basic level riding, but when you move onto the bigger stuff like gaps between walls- that's when you'll want to look at stronger chains.

Ayee I know mate!! Thats what I was trying to talk to you about tonight on facebook but I got no reply... :/

I wouldnt worry too much about it!! It'll get you away for now just I've had recommendations from my mate on BikeHut in Halfords and he even says half link is bad... Just thought while I've got the money, I'd get a new chain!! :) Hows yours coming along anyways?? Got the chain the right length now??

Joosh

Not going well mate.. Got the chain to the right length, then it was rubbing on the chain guide on the tensioner so removed that.. Now when i pedal its making a very loud noise which really doesnt sound good!! Dont know what im gonna do :(

I Snapped my half link chain this weekend!! to be fair it has been on my bike for some time so has not done to bad (i should have changed it before now!) iv just brought a KMC Z610 HX, 3/32" i had one on my previous bike with no problems and they have a good reputaion.

Very bad idea,I got rid of mine not long ago since i landed on my stem and face in the ground doing a drop gap But then it wasent new, Anyone know what the trial tech kool one is like? :)

It's just a Kmc Kool chain in a Trialtech box mate. I''ve been running one for 5-6 months now and no problems at all. :)

It's just a Kmc Kool chain in a Trialtech box mate. I''ve been running one for 5-6 months now and no problems at all. :)

Ahh cheers sam just dont like it when you break your chain and you feel like you fall forever but it was well funny when i know i was okay. :D

Haha, I just sanpped mine 20 mins ago :P.

I have just put a echo tr? (I think) chain on and Since running it for the last 20 mins it's been great.

I been looking to buy a new chain

Which is stronger 1/8 or 3/32???

Neither are stronger, those numbers are the size of the chain!! I found this out when I bought a 3/32 one of eBay and it didnt fit yet my old 1/8 chain did!! Best to do some research into what chain your bike uses before jumping into buying a new one!! :)

Thanks

Joosh

im running a connex(wipperman) ir8 chain its got huge breaking load stronger than the gusset tank chain so def worth a look,its bit heavy but its never going to break and looks realy cool.or go for the kmc 510hx still a very good chain or the kmc kool both are a well trusted chain.ive just got a phobia on snapping chains that why i went for the connex

Edited by smithy83