Build Project...

Endohopper

Having waited for parts to arrive from well over 5 different shops and sellers , it's time to start buildin' a general use playbike .Featuring a healthy mix of parts from trial manufacturers and regular MTB companies based on a 2nd hand Chameleon frame in killer condition , seriously - it's in literally new condition ! It's gonna be S.S as I live in one of the topographically flattest lands in Europe and I like the elegant simplicity .

post-3439-0-05425600-1314541246_thumb.jp

post-3439-0-94512200-1314541258_thumb.jp

Spare trials wheelset with fat rear rim B) , this ain't gonna be supalite , but plenty of fun !

Sorted innit ? First impressions suggest that this frame has an incredibly stiff back end and that I urgently need to quit smokin'

25dwf.jpg

Fully rigid as it is , feedback from the trail is just on the right side of being uncomfortable .It just needs some tasty brake levers and the remnants of Summer to be reasonable .

My first priority would be to get ride of the wide-ass un-eyeletted holey rim. Doubt it's going to be any use on the trails.

Having said that it's a very nice looking bike. I was tempted by a Santa Cruz Butcher recently - i like that Santa Cruz don't go overboard with ugly styling and just make good looking bikes that work.

looks eyeletted to me? Not that having eyelets or not actually matters. Does look a little odd having a wider rim on the rear, I would want to swap it to the front personally, get less tyre squirm when cornering and makes the tyre slightly bigger for (a tiny bit) more grip.

• Like 1

Jeez - so it does. I'll be honest i see a holey rim and i just assume. I forgot the old Ronnies/Reggies actually were eyeletted. I really should have remembered considering i ran one once. I didn't look at the picture to see the really quite obvious eyelets shining away :oops:

Still wouldn't be my choice of rim for the rear though.