Rock'n'roll Bikes Sponsorship

Mike Poyzer @ Onza

Me and Seddon have had a long chat tonight and this came up. Please be aware that Onza and Rock 'n' Roll are two individual teams. Onza ran by me and the UK Distributor. Rock 'n' Roll ran by the guys in Nottingham. I believe what Mike is saying that you can ride anything really, You would be limited to the benefits as products sold by Rock'n'Roll would be the only discounted parts. BUT I will have a fresh new pool of talent to scout as I can’t even go on Facebook now without some Spanish kid asking for free stuff. I can point them all to this academy where we can assess the attitude and other aspects of the rider in closer detail without attaching the Onza name to them. The Onza Team is a skeleton of its former self but we do not just sponsor anyone as its a business at the end of the day and the team is a drain on the already slender profits. Riders need to prove they can promote and look after product etc which the R'n'R Academy would show potential candidates much more clearly. I feel as though the testing of prototypes etc could go to the R'n'R team too as I would ideally like the pro team to look a more professional outfit riding only production equipment.

Good luck to all of you that try to get into the Academy.....If it goes ahead.

• Like 1

We are looking at the ways we sponsor riders in 2012 at both Onza and Rock'n'Roll Bikes. As well as an Onza team we are looking at ways to introduce a Rock'n'Roll Bikes academy style feeder group for riders of the future. The idea is that you send us video's of your riding and if we feel you are good enough you become a Rock'n'Roll Academy rider with a sliding scale of benefits starting at a free academy tee shirt. The more video's you post and the more proficient you become then you move up the scale with discount benefits. We then have a pool of up and coming riders from which to select full Onza team riders. I stress that these are just ideas at the moment, but we want to try and promote trials at grass roots level. Any ideas and input would be welcome.

Where to we post/send these videos to.

• Like 1

im working on a vid at the min, just need more clips

This posting was just to throw up some ideas and hopefully some discussion. We have already got people sending in video's and putting themselves forwards. Please do not do this as you are wasting your time. When our plans are finalised we will make proper arrangements and establish an e-mail for this purpose. Obviously any scheme will require the use of Onza and Tensile and any other Rock'n'Roll Bikes products.