Jake.

Frames  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which frame is the strongest

• Onza Limey 320
    • Onza Ice
    • Koxx XTP
  2. 2. Which frame is best overall for street riding with a bit of natural

What are the pros and cons of this frame? I did a search and none of the topics were to my satisfaction.

Is it good for street/natty?

What sort of bar/stem combo should I use with it?

Is the Onza Ice better than this frame or not?

Does it crack/dent easy?

I have a Koxx XTP short, and wanted to get a newer frame but not sure if I should get the 320 or not... Sorry for so many questions, they're the ones that I'm trying to find answers to though!

Cheers.

Edited by OnzaKid

What are the pros and cons of this frame? I did a search and none of the topics were to my satisfaction.

Is it good for street/natty?

What sort of bar/stem combo should I use with it?

Is the Onza Ice better than this frame or not?

Does it crack/dent easy?

I have a Koxx XTP short, and wanted to get a newer frame but not sure if I should get the 320 or not... Sorry for so many questions, they're the ones that I'm trying to find answers to though!

Cheers.

Limey 320, you can have ago on mine next time we at Splash.

Is it good for street/natty? Yes

What sort of bar/stem combo should I use with it? Tartybikes own stem and V!z Pro720s.

Is the Onza Ice better than this frame or not? I think so. Cheaper, strong, good looking and rides really nicely. Same tensioning system (brilliant) and is 1025wb. Rides really well on both natty and street. Just lush. Bar stem combo for the Ice - Trialtech Sport Forged/ Trialtech High Rise Bar. Feels great thumbsupanim.gif

Does it crack/dent easy? Very strong frames it seems. They dont crack easily but Im not too sure about dents.

Cheers.

If I were you mate. Id choose the Ice.

They're cheaper, but still look great and ride awesome. I love mine, but cant get on with my mate 320.

Both ride really well, providing you get the right bar and stem combo.

With my Ice, the Trialtech Sport stem and Trialtech High Rise bar compliment the Ice frame really well, with the bars angled in line with the angle of the stem.

Best riding Mod Ive had/ tried.

The integrated tensioning systm is miles better than snail cams too.

One thing to look out for, If your running a 116mm spaced hub, both the Limey and the Ice run 110mm spaced dropouts. To eliminate chain rub on the inside of the seatstay, make sure you run a snail cam on the inside of the frame on the drive side. This pulls the chain away from the stays and stops the rubbing. That or buy the shortest BB you can get away with thumbsupanim.gif

Both are great frames.

If I were you mate. Id choose the Ice.

They're cheaper, but still look great and ride awesome. I love mine, but cant get on with my mate 320.

Both ride really well, providing you get the right bar and stem combo.

With my Ice, the Trialtech Sport stem and Trialtech High Rise bar compliment the Ice frame really well, with the bars angled in line with the angle of the stem.

Best riding Mod Ive had/ tried.

The integrated tensioning systm is miles better than snail cams too.

One thing to look out for, If your running a 116mm spaced hub, both the Limey and the Ice run 110mm spaced dropouts. To eliminate chain rub on the inside of the seatstay, make sure you run a snail cam on the inside of the frame on the drive side. This pulls the chain away from the stays and stops the rubbing. That or buy the shortest BB you can get away with thumbsupanim.gif

Both are great frames.

Ah mate cheers for that lengthy reply, it helped. :D

Seems like the opinions on the Limey 320 and Ice are very biased, all the guys on Ice's say the ice is better, same with the Limey riders too.

And cheers Danny. :D

havent heard of a limey 320 frame snapping! mine feels so nice to ride for street and natty! my mate hit his downtube about 3 times in a row very hard and there was just a dent, and small dents on the limey 320 downtube are fine! its still a very strong frame with one :)

Good franes but i have seen a few dent on the downtube with not alot of force.

Oh really? I thought they barely ever dented...

I'm stuck on how to decide on a new frame now. About 2 or 3 out of the 5/6 riders I ride with have an Onza Ice and they all love it, but it seems a little bit long for me.

I liked the look of the speedrace fans in the for sale section but got told they're rubbish for placing maggy mounts on the frame. <_<

Interested in this Neon X-Ray frame but hardly ever heard of anyone use them.

So basically you've got his frame and you don't think it's going to last a week? <_<

So basically he offered me his cracked frame saying he no longer wanted it as he's no intention of using it again, fully understanding that I'm a f**king basher seeing as I put five cracks in an Echo Lite three months from brand new.

I haven't just taken his frame with the intention of destroying it. Ask him, you'll find that I was most hesitant in taking the offer up purely BECAUSE I was pretty confident I'd break it, and only took it up at all as I have very limited other choice.

So basically he offered me his cracked frame saying he no longer wanted it as he's no intention of using it again, fully understanding that I'm a f**king basher seeing as I put five cracks in an Echo Lite three months from brand new.

I haven't just taken his frame with the intention of destroying it. Ask him, you'll find that I was most hesitant in taking the offer up purely BECAUSE I was pretty confident I'd break it, and only took it up at all as I have very limited other choice.

Ah I see haha, if I had that frame I would just get it professionally welded. How much did you buy it for? Woah, five cracks in three months... :huh:

If you've got limited choice and are interested in an Zoo Python 05 Long frame then I could offer it for the Limey?

Edit: Where about is the Limey cracked anyway?

Edited by OnzaKid

Ah I see haha, if I had that frame I would just get it professionally welded. How much did you buy it for? Woah, five cracks in three months... :huh:

If you've got limited choice and are interested in an Zoo Python 05 Long frame then I could offer it for the Limey?

Can't weld aluminium and return it to it's normal state.

Don't know the ins and outs of it, but welding it softens it, and even if you COULD heat treat that localized area and not the whole thing, it'd deconstruct the effect of the first time it was heat-treated in the rest of the frame.

Thanks for the offer but I really don't like the geo's of old Deng frames anymore, and as you've heard and decided to try and shine a negative light on, it's not my frame to be swapping out anyway.

Edited by aener

He has a cracked one. Paul always cracks and dents his frame, for 'unknown' reasons. So it was no surprise to me when he said he cracked it.

Don't quite know what your implying there, are you trying to say i didn't crack it and just say it? and the same with some previous frames, or are you saying im a basher? or maybe your just being a complete t**t as usual and trying to 'defend' how amazing your frame is through me? even though i said it was the strongest i have had.

there isn't one proper dent in that limey, and only a couple in my frame now, but dents are pretty much inevitable when riding, so i guess the 'unknown' reason it that i actually go out and ride my bike.

sorry for the rant, but i dont appreciate such comments

Nope.

I HAVE considered taking up steel though. Waiting to hear back from WIP, but if they're much expense I'm probably going Marino.

I was talking to Wip about a frame recently and he said I was looking at 299 for a full custom geometry.