Cap's New Hub...

Mark W

Has it been ridden yet? If so, is it holding up strong so far...I know it's probably a little early to ask that, but I'm interested to know!

Used it for 6 months with an aluminium axle and it was faultless, just thought I would step it up a bit and put some carbon in there ;)

Went out for a ride tonight, wasn't exactly gentle on it and it seems good so far....just have to wait and see, altho I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work :)

Cheers!

Used it for 6 months with an aluminium axle and it was faultless, just thought I would step it up a bit and put some carbon in there ;)

Went out for a ride tonight, wasn't exactly gentle on it and it seems good so far....just have to wait and see, altho I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work :)

Cheers!

What weight was the alloy model? Think you could do it for a rear screw on hub(as an alloy axle version)?

Sounds like a promising ideal, hopefully see you on dragons den soon, getting some money behind you to get them in production ;) Would mind getting one for the front of my road bike...

-----The reference-----

-----Your head-----

I'm assuming that's aimed at what I said about Stan's frame?

Edited by JohnyMilton
  • Like 1

Wouldn't work on the rear.

Works on the front because almost all the load on the hub is radial, if you ran it as a rear hub only the drive side spokes spokes would transfer force to the rim (in the same way you couldn't run a frant disc hub like this). ;)

Edited by super

Wouldn't work on the rear.

Works on the front because almost all the load on the hub is radial, if you ran it as a rear hub only the drive side spokes spokes would transfer force to the rim (in the same way you couldn't run a frant disc hub like this). ;)

What % of the torque is transferred by the non drive/non disc flange to the rim? I assume you have worked it out to be able to make such a comment ;)