Proposal To Tf

Lokoxx

What happened to discovering spots to ride yourself?

Well if you were going to a location you'd never been to before, surely you'd like to hear from the locals where good spots to ride would be? Rather than going round in circles looking for places, you could go directly to the spots if you were told about them beforehand.

I for one support the map idea, but with your location as the town centre (as previously said by Revolver) and you could something like... Split the country up into regions, (South East, Kent, etc.) and highlight each one, when you click on the region it enlarges so you can see all the towns/cities in that region. Each town could have a circle or something around it, and have a number for the amount of riders that live there.

If the idea really progresses then you could make it even more sophisticated and get user generated trials routes, (like gmaps-pedometer) and highlight each bit where a trials spot is.

Thing is on that you have to become a local to every spot local to you, rather than every spot in a specified area automatically showing you're local to it.

I don't think you can search for riders in a given area too, without going through a spot which was what I understood the original proposal allowed you to do.

Thing is on that you have to become a local to every spot local to you, rather than every spot in a specified area automatically showing you're local to it.

I don't think you can search for riders in a given area too, without going through a spot which was what I understood the original proposal allowed you to do.

Those are all fairly simple tweaks to the system though, and I think we would all agree that a more graphical and social system like that would work better than trying to get some semblance of order out of this idea. I don't really care which way it goes, but I think the ridden.it idea is the one with far more longevity and expandability.

I posted in the ridden.it thread with a link to this thread and a couple of suggestions, so maybe in the future it might happen.

Ridden.it does seem like the way to go, it just needs tweaking like you said.

If you check out my original reply in that thread, it kind of harks to the same direction. His response pretty much sums up his intention.

Well if you were going to a location you'd never been to before, surely you'd like to hear from the locals where good spots to ride would be? Rather than going round in circles looking for places, you could go directly to the spots if you were told about them beforehand.

I for one support the map idea, but with your location as the town centre (as previously said by Revolver) and you could something like... Split the country up into regions, (South East, Kent, etc.) and highlight each one, when you click on the region it enlarges so you can see all the towns/cities in that region. Each town could have a circle or something around it, and have a number for the amount of riders that live there.

If the idea really progresses then you could make it even more sophisticated and get user generated trials routes, (like gmaps-pedometer) and highlight each bit where a trials spot is.

Google streetview?